Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Heer Channel Islands Camo Helmet! - thoughts!?

Article about: another helmet that I need some help with, real or post war paint?

Default Re: Heer Channel Islands Camo Helmet! - thoughts!?

how did they script a dig put the artfact in the ground then re dig it up when the camreras rolling then say say look what we found.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Channel Islands Camo Helmet! - thoughts!?
    P
    Many

Thats more or less it, although they did not find anything of significance. But yes items were dug up and re-buried a number of times.

?

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Maschinenpistole 40, if from your previous post your referring to the farmers shed above the War Tunnels where they stored the unused collection (all from St.Peters Bunker) Then yes thats all been removed and most has been sold on. Mr Liron's shed is now empty. If you know of another shed full of kit, then why are you waiting till the weekend...... if you know of a treasure trove of kit why wait, someone else could beat you to it especially on an Island this small. If I were you I would be knocking at the door right now.

Geelong, yes of coarse there's loads to find still, but no where near the amount that there used to be. These days its a turn up to find a good German helmet, a lot of people have moved on since the end of the occupation. Houses have been redeveloped and loads of kit has been dumped or gathered up by collectors. Its certainly nothing like it was unfortunately. As for time team, the programme was scripted....how can you script a dig...impossible. The programme was a fake from start to finish. I was there and saw how they went about it... a total sham. They knew it all, and yet they knew nothing. I can no longer watch any of the time team programmes as they must all be made along the same lines. A total waste of time!!
    Totally agree about Time Team Damien all their programmes are scripted to death , same with Trench Detectives et al , very little happens with any spontoniety as of course they only want viewrss to see the set up sexy bits !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Totally agree about Time Team Damien all their programmes are scripted to death , same with Trench Detectives et al , very little happens with any spontoniety as of course they only want viewrss to see the set up sexy bits !!
    In defence of The Time Team, I saw that programme; they did not find anything of significance as Jersey 34 has said, but to be fair, they cannot have cameras recording what every archaeologist is doing every minute of the day.
    What’s wrong with them basically recreating the actual moment something was found, that’s all they are doing, nothing malicious or fraudulent, after all , all they are doing are trying to make an entertaining programme. Time Team is entertainment, not a documentary, do you want to watch 72 hours of continuous footage of soil being moved !
    Last edited by Totenhead; 01-23-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Hi,
    This helmet that is supposed to be wrong according to Nitram/Martin is 1 million % original and correct. The 2 photos of the outside of the helmet I have on file here but the other picture showing the inside with the name albeit one of my photos does not ring any bells with me at the moment. I am sure it is the inside of another helmet and not the camo thats shown. I have 300 plus helmets in my collection and therefore cannot remember them all.
    The camo helmet was picked up by me years and years ago locally and has featured on this forum before....no one questioned the paint then and I am amused anyone has now. It really does show that a lot of this if not all is down to peoples opinions. Luckily on this forum, more than most others people do tend to know what they are talking about. Unfortunately though not in the cas of this camo.
    All the best,
    D.
    Jersey 34, are you saying then that you own this helmet ?? If not, how on earth did you let it go !!! What an awsome Channel Islands find !

I will be over there in the Spring again, cant wait, I love the place !!!!

Yes, I own this helmet and have done so for quite a number of years. I have been collecting helmets here on the Island for the last 42 years. I still look out for them today but they are few and far between. When your over in the spring are you going to visit the Channel Islands Military Museum in St.Ouen?

Yes, I own this helmet and have done so for quite a number of years. I have been collecting helmets here on the Island for the last 42 years. I still look out for them today but they are few and far between. When your over in the spring are you going to visit the Channel Islands Military Museum in St.Ouen?
    Of course, this time I will be !!!, not been for 3 years !! Its your museum is it now??? Cant you let me have jusy 1 Jersey helmet, I will be happy then !!! haha

Its always been my museum since it opened in May 1989...I did have a partner (not really the right word for him.... as things were never equal, but listening to him people believed he was the owner). Anyway he is long gone and the museum has improved no end. I no longer have the worries and concerns of when he was around and its much more fun.
    The museum has some really rare kit on display, much unique to the Island.
    I guess well see you when you get here..... whats your name so I will know you when you come down?

Will love to call in and see it !!! I have missed the place !!! Here is me on the last visit, lost a bit of weight since then ! I think on the coast not far from St.Ouen, if I recall near the beach at Greve is it, I cant use Google maps it crashed my laptop !!! Cheers Martin

Yes, thats one of the two 10.5cm casemates that are at Greve D'lecq. Look forward to seeing you soon.
    D.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast