Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer DD M35 for your consideration

Article about: I have been offered this Heer DD M35 gentlemen and I am a little concerned that someone has tampered with this Helmet in around the decal area as it looks as if sandpaper has been taken to i

?

Default Heer DD M35 for your consideration

I have been offered this Heer DD M35 gentlemen and I am a little concerned that someone has tampered with this Helmet in around the decal area as it looks as if sandpaper has been taken to it to remove the paint that had at one time had covered the decals .As there would appear to be a shine around the edges of the national shield and a definate feathering of the field paint around the decals or am I being over cautious and to finicky any and all opinions are welcome.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer DD M35 for your consideration   Heer DD M35 for your consideration  

Heer DD M35 for your consideration   Heer DD M35 for your consideration  

Heer DD M35 for your consideration  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer DD M35 for your consideration
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer DD M35 for your consideration

I like it! It oozes character. The base paint is the typical lighter shade that SE used. It was obviously painted over later, but that was a wartime modification. As to the decals being liberated, I can't really say, but the helmet is a good one.

?

Yes I rather like it myself it will look good displayed with my M36 feldbluse I was a little concerned with the decal area it most definatly has the been there done that look about it that I like to see.

Regards Mark K

a real shame that the decals have been revealed post war , it would have been a killer helmet.

Agreed, dug out decals either with acetone/thinners or sandpaper or both...a real pity.

?

Thanx for confirming what I suspected gentlemen and I do agree with you it is a shame it would have been a killer lid if left untouched .

Regards Mark K

?

What a bummer that is, some clown has taken some form of abrasives to it and destroyed its patina and the decals and the paint to try and get more money for it but instead it was worth more untouched

?

Dave some things are best left untouched and this would have been one of them !!!!!

Regards Mark K

Sadly these kind of practises were common years ago. Thankfully less so now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It's a shame that it was messed with, but I like how it looks and I would buy it for the right price to use as an example of the contrast between pre-war paint and what soldiers did to them during the war.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast