Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Decal

Article about: Hello guys, I need your help. I am pretty sure the helmet is good but I am not sure about the decal. I would like to make sure that it has not been added post war. For a guy that is detail o

Default Heer Decal

Hello guys, I need your help. I am pretty sure the helmet is good but I am not sure about the decal. I would like to make sure that it has not been added post war. For a guy that is detail oriented, I just can not seem to see the differences in these.
    Many thanks in advance,
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Decal   Heer Decal  

Heer Decal  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Decal
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Decal

Hi Ralph, this is one of the more recognizable Heer decal variants actually.

Look at the eagle's right talon- it has a very large foot. This is referred to as the Quist 'Bigfoot' decal.

What is the shell maker and lot number?

- - Updated - -

Just took a closer look, and I don't think the decal is good, sorry.

To me it looks too good to be true, except the linings inside the decal.
    I have a few of these and its getting harder and harder while a lot of people fake them =/

-Normandie

I think the wear to the decal looks unnatural. I also don't like the look of the lines. I'd stay clear of this one.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Hi Ralph, this is one of the more recognizable Heer decal variants actually.

Look at the eagle's right talon- it has a very large foot. This is referred to as the Quist 'Bigfoot' decal.

What is the shell maker and lot number?

- - Updated - -

Just took a closer look, and I don't think the decal is good, sorry.
    Hi Mo,
    Thanks for that.
    It is a Q 64, looks to be DN 366, not too sure as it is a light strike and difficult to see.
    Todd, thanks. The price I paid about 5 years ago was equal to a undecaled helmet, so in my opinion, I am not really worried about it. I would consider removing the decal if it is actually a fake.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

If it is determined to be a fake decal, I'd consider just leaving the decal and if you sell the helmet the new buyer can decide to leave as us or remove. Depends on what you want to do. Are we sure the shell isn't a post war repaint?

?

Hi Ralph, It is a fake bigfoot decal and the paint also looks postwar as well I am afraid. If you can I would return this to the vendor for a refund.

Attachment 354416

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hi Ralph, It is a fake bigfoot decal and the paint also looks postwar as well I am afraid. If you can I would return this to the vendor for a refund.

Attachment 354416
    I agree , the paint is bad as well. How does the liner look , big chance it's bad too.

Quote by DougB View Post

Attachment 354416
    Thanks Doug!
    Probably not going to be able to do that as it was quite a while ago and I don't know how to get in touch with the seller at this time.
    I will look into it though.
    Ralph.

For my own education I've made a montage of the fake and original bigfoot decals and apart from the obvious coloration difference and the questionable wear to the fake decal, I have to be honest and say I can't see any graphical differences apart from the rear of the head on the fake maybe being a little more rounded than on Doug's example.

Heer Decal

What else am I missing here guys?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast