Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Heer decal for the steel helmet.

Article about: miracles can happen, and yet is possible?

Default Re: Heer decal for the steel helmet.

miracles can happen, and yet is possible?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I found this article very interesting because I have a small box full of army and ss helmet decals.

?

Zippa 43 , I think you have been given the best possible advice by some of the best collectors and experts there are in this field, yet you seem reluctant to heed the advise given, its your collection, your money, but you asked for our thoughts on this matter and the general concensus of opinion is clearly dont try it, you WILL ruin two historic items just because you think it can be done, Hitler thought he could win the war and look how that turned out, please think seriously about this, its no use trying , failing then posting another thread to hear we told you so. Kind regards Dave

Once again John,

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge. I can see what you mean by the troops in the field having difficulty applying replacement decals at the time, amazing it ever got done, and even more amazing that the reissue helmets with decals have survived so well.

Zippa43, please listen to the advice given and don't alter your helmet.

Regards,

Spence

?

I would never ruin a decent decal this way.
    It will be easy to see that it wasn't placed there 70 years ago...so what will you gain....nothing.
    People will think you put an "aged" decal there...and wonder what more isn't right .............no win situation any way.
    Listen to the advise they gave you, its for the best....

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    I found this article very interesting because I have a small box full of army and ss helmet decals.
    Harry if those SS ones are real. I'd like to buy one, for the going rate. It's something that's missing

Quote by davejb View Post
    you have been given the best possible advice by some of the best collectors and experts there are in this field,
    Dave.
    I hope your not putting me in that field. An expert is an EX (as in has been) and a SPURT (as in a drip under pressure)
    Oh you gotta laugh

?

John , just pmd harry, hes looking for the box and to see if theres any front backing and markings

Quote by davejb View Post
    John , just pmd harry, hes looking for the box and to see if theres any front backing and markings
    That would be exciting to see that hoard Dave. Hope he can find them and photograph them.

?

John, Its amazing that at our age we still have a sense of humour, although it might come in spurts lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast