Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Heer ET 64 - Lot # 783 - Single Decal - Another Blackie

Article about: This one was in the box with the DD Luft Blackie I posted last week. Heer "Blackies" are a bit less common than their Luft counterparts, and I have no idea why it was done, but to

Default Heer ET 64 - Lot # 783 - Single Decal - Another Blackie

This one was in the box with the DD Luft Blackie I posted last week. It is a single decal ET 64 M40, lot # 783. Heer "Blackies" are a bit less common than their Luft counterparts, and I have no idea why it was done, but to me this is a no doubt War time repaint. The brush applied paint and the wear scream filed use to me. The pictures tell the story. This one came from my good Buddie Jules L. - miss you Jules! Anyway, hope you like it, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer ET 64 - Lot # 783 - Single Decal - Another Blackie   Heer ET 64 - Lot # 783 - Single Decal - Another Blackie  

Heer ET 64 - Lot # 783 - Single Decal - Another Blackie   Heer ET 64 - Lot # 783 - Single Decal - Another Blackie  

Heer ET 64 - Lot # 783 - Single Decal - Another Blackie   Heer ET 64 - Lot # 783 - Single Decal - Another Blackie  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer ET 64 - Lot # 783 - Single Decal - Another Blackie
    P
    Many

Forgot to add the shots of the exterior dome wear.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer ET 64 - Lot # 783 - Single Decal - Another Blackie   Heer ET 64 - Lot # 783 - Single Decal - Another Blackie  

Heer ET 64 - Lot # 783 - Single Decal - Another Blackie  

Very nice helmet, Jim. Sure something you don't find every day
    Luis

Very nice Jim. Bahnschutz perhaps.

Thank you Gentlemen! Frank, that is a thought, my DD Black Transitional has an attached property tag named to a Reichsbahn Engineer! Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Thank you Gentlemen! Frank, that is a thought, my DD Black Transitional has an attached property tag named to a Reichsbahn Engineer! Jim G.
    Yes that very helmet is basis for that and also we see bahnschutz troops with black transitionals in photos.

Very nice Jim, great patina, a fine helmet. Leon.

Looking at the Lot Number of this helmet again, and it occurs to me that it very well may be 388. According to the Lot number database GHW a 783 lot number is surrounded by helmets that are SS, whereas the only Lot # 388 is a SD Heer. Looking at the pictures I posted it does look like "388".

last# looks like a 6. Maybe lot# 386 ?
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer ET 64 - Lot # 783 - Single Decal - Another Blackie