Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Heer helmet - is it authentic - how much is it worth - please help

Article about: Hi, I have the opportunity to purchase or trade for this Heer lid and I would like to know whether it looks authentic and how much is it worth. Thank you for your help.

Wasn't the value given in post #2? Since no one posted a reply dissenting, isn't that pretty much sufficient?

Maybe not.
    I live in Pennsylvania too so krabbekrout's value estimate is probably closer to what I should expect to see in my area.
    Thank you
    BTW, maybe you can PM me some of those auctions???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Canadians and Aussies have too much money lol! good old PA I like a beer or two! nice helmet I like it value is always difficult so not many ask and get replies if I came across this helm I'd pay $450 if i was in the mood $750 is rather high. imo.

We do not have too much money, sellers just think we do!!!
    Thats why most of my items come from overseas.
    Generally still cheaper despite the horrendous international postage.

" When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

$450! I would take all the helmets you could supply for that kind of money.. far more expensive in good old Blighty

$750 is a little too high, but I doubt you'd get it for $300/$400.

Quote by Heavington View Post
    I agree 750 is way to high, at a flea market I saw a German red cross helmet for 325. I should have took a picture of the thing to post on here.
    Very likely to be a fake medic helmet.

Private sale this is about a $500-625 helmet.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    $750 is a little too high, but I doubt you'd get it for $300/$400.

Very likely to be a fake medic helmet.
    When I first saw it I automatically thought fake as well, but when I started looking it over the liner and helmet were real though, the paint job I'm no expert on. Next time I go there I'll take a picture to let the forum see.

Helm belongs to a waf member he asked for sell price 'over there among'st the dealers' lol!

Oh ya, what did they come up with on the sale price?
    I now have the opportunity to purchase it for $600.
    I think I am going to buy it.

$600 sounds like a good price for this one --- It looks like an "untouched" Heer, as opposed to the heaps of "nicer" condition helmets that have all obviously been cleaned of all their age and patina. As a collector I prefer this type here over the cleaned minty ones --- most of the time, anyway.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast