Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Helmet for review

Article about: Hi all, I have a helmet that I would like to sell in the classified section but I want to have it checked out first so I can make sure it is OK. It has some issues, there are a few places wh

?

Default Heer Helmet for review

Hi all,

I have a helmet that I would like to sell in the classified section but I want to have it checked out first so I can make sure it is OK. It has some issues, there are a few places where the rim has corroded and the bill has a crack. This helmet was found in Russia. A friend of mine who has now passed away sold it to me. It was found near Demjansk in the positions of the 123 Infantry division. this is the area where that division would have been surrounded. There is a thick coat of paint on the skirt and I don't know if it should be removed to reveal the stamping or not? I think it should be left alone but I do not sell many helmets and I am not sure if that is done.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Helmet for review   Heer Helmet for review  

Heer Helmet for review   Heer Helmet for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Helmet for review
    P
    Many

From what I can see it looks correct. The writing seem to be from the same hand but the liner pins seem to be a concern.the helmet has field repaint applied. The helmet seems to have taken a sharpnel hit. I believe it is a good helmet.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Marty,

Thanks for your reply. Do you have an opinion about removing the paint on the skirt? Should I leave it alone?

Leave it as it is.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    the liner pins seem to be a concern.
    What is your issue with the liner pins? They look typical of M35 pins to me?