MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer helmet - thoughts on authenticity

Article about: A friend of mine wants to buy this helmet. It looks like a bad one to me but I wanted to get a few more opinions. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Default Heer helmet - thoughts on authenticity

A friend of mine wants to buy this helmet.
    It looks like a bad one to me but I wanted to get a few more opinions.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer helmet - thoughts on authenticity   Heer helmet - thoughts on authenticity  

Heer helmet - thoughts on authenticity  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer helmet - thoughts on authenticity
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

it has been painted black outside and inside. To achieve this the liner had to come out. If it is even original to the helmet. Post war biker? Can't comment on the decal from these pictures

Stay away!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think my buddy paid $400 for the thing.
    It is probably a $200 helmet at best.
    Unfortunately he will not listen to me and do his research before buying.
    I told him to join a forum and at least post photos before buying his next helmet.

MAP
    ?

Well there are known examples of black helmets. Used for Flak units most examples are Luft from what I have read glad to be proven wrong. but this is not one of those.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hard to tell for sure from the terrible pictures, but in my opinion the decal is almost certainly bad. That, and the black paint inside and out, doesn't bode well. If he can get his money back he should do so asap. Jim G.

Quote by anton67 View Post
    I think my buddy paid $400 for the thing.
    It is probably a $200 helmet at best.
    Unfortunately he will not listen to me and do his research before buying.
    I told him to join a forum and at least post photos before buying his next helmet.
    Hell, you're buddy pulled the trigger quickly on that one! He really needed to get his sights adjusted as there is very little left on this M42 that is original. Black paint is a no no for a HEER and even from these crappy pictures the Adlers inner wing tips appear much to sharp. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Leon,

Not relevant to this helmet at all, but I've seen a battle damaged black Heer. To me it looked 100% right as rain I tried to have a member here buy it on auction but it didn't work out...

I wish I still had the auction pictures .....

Quote by MAP View Post
    Leon,

Not relevant to this helmet at all, but I've seen a battle damaged black Heer. To me it looked 100% right as rain I tried to have a member here buy it on auction but it didn't work out...

I wish I still had the auction pictures .....
    Evening Michael, the only "black HEERS" I have seen were home front over paints cutting around the decal, but those are rarer than the Lufty blacks! I would love to see those images you had as well, sounds interesting. Leon.

I have a black heer helmet, or what once was a black one anyway.
    Brush painted over the decal and on the inside of the visor/skirt also, fwiw.

Here you go Leon, a real M40 SD Heer with period brush applied black paint. The decal was painted around. I acquired this one from Jules L. in a trade about 2 years ago. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer helmet - thoughts on authenticity   Heer helmet - thoughts on authenticity  

Heer helmet - thoughts on authenticity   Heer helmet - thoughts on authenticity  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast