Display your banner here

Heer M35 battledamaged

Article about: On Estonian auction site. Greetz Marks

?

Default Heer M35 battledamaged

On Estonian auction site.

Greetz
    Marks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer M35 battledamaged   Heer M35 battledamaged  

Heer M35 battledamaged   Heer M35 battledamaged  

Heer M35 battledamaged   Heer M35 battledamaged  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M35 battledamaged
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Heer M35 battledamaged

I've place the bid yesterday
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Its a nice helmet, keeping my eye on it myself.

Greetz
    Marks

?

I can see the exit hole but where is the entry hole unless this guy stuck a gun under his chin , dont you think thats a bit strange? Also where is the staining , no obvious blood marks around leather, or was this person even wearing the helmet at the time, if he wasnt its still a strange shot from whatever caused the damage.

i would say that it wasnt being worn when the damage was done as what ever hit it came in from the under side of the helmet... it could have been hanging on the side of a vehicle or hung on a branch of a tree while its owner was resting / washing or even disgarded on the battle field after its owner was killed or wounded some otherway. there are lots of sanarios where it could have been hit when not worn...

?

Nice lid
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I agree totally, my point being that to err on the side of caution is sometimes prudent and i tend to analyse items like these, perhaps somewhat stubbornly,and i would happily acquire one which had been ground dug and was in a more corroded state.Its just that i havent seen many come up like this and it looks to me that a pick axe has been put through it,rather than a piece of shrapnel or heavy duty calibre round, its just an observation,i hope it is a genuine piece of battlefield militaria for the bidders sake,but if they are happy with it thats all that matters.

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    I agree totally, my point being that to err on the side of caution is sometimes prudent and i tend to analyse items like these, perhaps somewhat stubbornly,and i would happily acquire one which had been ground dug and was in a more corroded state.Its just that i havent seen many come up like this and it looks to me that a pick axe has been put through it,rather than a piece of shrapnel or heavy duty calibre round, its just an observation,i hope it is a genuine piece of battlefield militaria for the bidders sake,but if they are happy with it thats all that matters.
    Thats a beauty!! I saw it posted at the Whermacht Award forum...