Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet.

Article about: Evening gents, I just picked up this nice un-messed with named HEER double decal M35. It is an ET64, Lot number4397, the decal has toned to a nice golden colour and even though there are KM

Default HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet.

Evening gents, I just picked up this nice un-messed with named HEER double decal M35. It is an ET64, Lot number4397, the decal has toned to a nice golden colour and even though there are KM examples listed in this batch range I am 99% sure this is a HEER helmet. The helmet itself has pitting to one side as if it were on it's side on the ground for some time, the other side is pretty clean, showing the "shiny" apple green paint at it's best. It is named "Schmitt" and liner and pins are un-messed with other than a period repair that has been made to the back of the leather where the seam split. All of the zinc leather securing pins are un-disturbed so it has not been out or replaced. The typical earlier square D-bale liner is rock solid and un-disturbed and the chinstrap is also original, just a touch stretched and the tip is missing. A good solid battle worn helmet.
    I hope you like it, Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet.   HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet.  

HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet.   HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet.  

HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet.   HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet.
    P
    Many

Hi, that's quite a contrast! one side pitted and the other side smooth, but a good well used double decal. I like the eagle, does have a gold tone to it and looks like a ridge at the top of the wings, however if you have it in hand (the pic is not the best) and think its a Heer, so be it.

Quote by Blackdog View Post
    Hi, that's quite a contrast! one side pitted and the other side smooth, but a good well used double decal. I like the eagle, does have a gold tone to it and looks like a ridge at the top of the wings, however if you have it in hand (the pic is not the best) and think its a Heer, so be it.
    Thanks, I will try and take a better image soon, but it is as dark and gloomy as hell here right now, hence the poor quality of photo! There is a shaded ridge that runs around the decal, but in hand it is not deep black and the "gold" is not an even "rich" deep colour, just looks toned to me, but when I am able to get some better images I will be interested in hearing your thoughts. Leon.

Nice one Leon! shows how tough those decals really are.... my "Gold Beach" helmet was a sand dune find and still has the tricolour on it.

My D-Day helmet ........

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet.  
    Last edited by Danmark; 12-14-2016 at 08:21 PM.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Here you go gents, some "close-ups"! For me it is still a HEER decal. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet.   HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet.  

HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet.  

Hi Leon, I think that does look like a Heer from those new pics. It looks like lacquer has hardened over the decal (swastika) and started to chip apart imo, and as you say the gold colour does not look even throughout, but still a nice toned heer.

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Nice one Leon! shows how tough those decals really are
    Very true, depending on conditions, the decals can look set to outlast the helmet!

HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet. HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet. HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet. HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet. HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet. HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet. HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Very true, depending on conditions, the decals can look set to outlast the helmet!

HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet. HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet. HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet. HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet. HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet. HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet. HEER M35 ET64 named double decal helmet.
    I think you may well be right there Glenn! Leon.

MAP
    ?

Nice one Leon. Missed this thread. It's definitely a Heer.

As far as the pitting? I would think this sat on it side in a damp barn or basement somewhere. Not exposed directly to the elements.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)