Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer M35 ET66 SD helmet - Ed Strache decal?

Article about: Any thoughts on decal? Ed Strache? Wartime applied?

?

Details about the helmet - M35 ET66 #4787. More likely a factory reissue.

A better close up photo.
    Attachment 821091

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M35 ET66 SD helmet - Ed Strache decal?
    P
    Many

I would say period applied. The decal has knitted well into the paint. The damage looks old too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I think I will agree with Ade, looking better in that photo. Somewhere in my files I have a period applied Strache decal on an M18 mid-war reissue. If I can find it I will post it for you to compare. Now, I have three DD M35 Luftwaffe ET made helmets that are lot # 4272 and are all dated 1939, so based on that I would say this is a late 39 or 1940 made helmet, which means it could be a factory done helmet to 1940 specs.

And a small tip on photos, try taking pics in the macro setting and photograph the decal in the shade. Sunlight tends to glare off decals and drown out the details

I have one of these decals on a reissue single decal Austrian M16. It is on the forum somewhere...

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Jeff,
    Pictured rivet looks fine as does liner. I was referring to the rivet next to the decal as it looked a different shade and may have been replaced. Is it brass too?
    As Todd said, just trying to analyze the whole rig - not trying to dis it.
    Sorry if it came over that way.

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

great looking M35 Heer,.nice pics too

si

what happend to the pics?
    I came here to learn a bit about good old Ed Stache´s Decals... and nothing to see..

MAP
    ?

Quote by danhashman View Post
    I came here to learn a bit about good old Ed Stache´s Decals... and nothing to see..
    He either deleted them or more likely they were web hosted and were removed.

I looked at a dozen of his threads and all the photos are gone. That is why we don't allow photo hosting sites
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by danhashman View Post
    Here : Heer Decals – German Helmet Vault

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2