MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Heer M40

Article about: Anyone any comments on the helmet shown on Oorlogsvondsten.nl // Alles omtrent bodemvondsten, m.n. WO2-militaria! - Toon onderwerp - Mooie helm, maar type en jaartal? ? I can't put my finger

?

Default Heer M40

Anyone any comments on the helmet shown on Oorlogsvondsten.nl // Alles omtrent bodemvondsten, m.n. WO2-militaria! - Toon onderwerp - Mooie helm, maar type en jaartal? ?

I can't put my finger on why, but I don't have a good feeling about this lid. Especially the three colour decal and the state of the rivets.

Any opinions?

Cheers,

Niels

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M40
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer M40

First, it is an M40, with what appears to be a coat of rough textured combat/camo paint. The M40 double decal Heer is rare as hens' teeth, and while one can never say "never" when it comes to helmets, there is no reason for a soldier to put a tricolor on this piece after the repaint. Also, the tri color on this one is clearly bad. The adler is also fake. The condition of the liner and the band suggests that it was dug. Your gut feeling was correct, this is one to avoid. Jim G.

PS: It is always better to post actual pictures. The link that you included will disappear soon, and then the pictures of the helmet that we are discussing will be unavailable and the whole thread will become meaningless.

?

Thanks Jim, I was hoping for your opinion. Highly appreciated.

Pics from memebr "chiel78" at Oorlogsvondsten.nl // Alles omtrent bodemvondsten, m.n. WO2-militaria! below. Address: Oorlogsvondsten.nl // Alles omtrent bodemvondsten, m.n. WO2-militaria! - Toon onderwerp - Mooie helm, maar type en jaartal?

Please note that I posted these pictures here for further discussion and sharing knowledge. No copyright infringements intended.

I agree with you Jim, although not unheard of DD M40's are like hen's teeth. The one in question is a fake IMHO

For the reasons Jim has given, a dodgy one. Looks to have been tinkered with quite considerably. The black liner rings alarm bells with me. Just a personal preference, but I like a liner to look like leather or pigskin, the black 'ground dug' look doesn't do it for me.

This helmet is a piece of crap , two fake decals. I know of only 5 original double decal M40's and am quite convinced they were not factory made. My theory is that they received a tricolor for other purposes after the factory. If this really was done at the factory a lot more double decal M40's would have been spotted by now.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    This helmet is a piece of crap.

I was trying to be nice Frank, but well put

?

Gentlemen, thank you for sharing your opinions. We were able to trace the lid down to an earlier posessor and indeed it's a fake. Thanx all.