Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer M40 ET62

Article about: Hello Everyone. Just posting some photos of an M40 that I picked up recently at a militaria fair. Appreciate your thoughts on this one. Thanks

?

Default Heer M40 ET62

Hello Everyone.

Just posting some photos of an M40 that I picked up recently at a militaria fair.

Appreciate your thoughts on this one.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer M40 ET62   Heer M40 ET62  

Heer M40 ET62   Heer M40 ET62  

Heer M40 ET62   Heer M40 ET62  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M40 ET62
    P
    Many

Has a fake decal.

MAP
    ?

I'm not thrilled with the liner. Something looks off about it. But impossible to tell from the pictures.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I'm not thrilled with the liner. Something looks off about it. But impossible to tell from the pictures.
    What bothers you is what bothers me, Michael ........ NO WEAR to the liner edges can be seen. Compared to the rest of the shell, thats a big issue & I think its been made up for sale. I hate to tell a 'new-ish' member bad news but some sellers out there are arsewipes!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Spot on Dan.

Don't be disheartened Jim. We all have duds of some sort. Just post before you buy and if you can not, read the threads and quality books. If you are not 100% sure just walk away. There are millions of helmets out there.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for your info guys. Still think it makes a nice display piece and goes well with my other 3rd Reich bits and pieces. Will take on board your advice when I hope to get a better helmet.

Hi, for me the straight edges to the Adlers wing tips is a real "red flag". I agree that the decal is bad, the liner also looks to have been "dropped in". The steel itself seems good though, so if it were a good enough deal, I have seen worse! Leon.

Never the less Jim, as you've said, it's a nice display piece.

Become a club member and save some money!!!!! Jim that is not a knock on you, that is to everyone that post for advice( which we love to give) and you save a lot of money by not getting soaked on a bad deal. 20.00usd is worth that all day long.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

I paid £350. The guy I bought it grom was selling off a large amount of his collection of Third Reich militaria which he had been collecting for about 30 years. He did advise me that the liner may not be original to the helmet. The helmet had the ET stamp and the 62 size beside it as well as a batch no. on the rear. The decal is flush to the steel and will not scratch off so took a chance and bought it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast