Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

heer M40 helmet..opinions

Article about: hi all...i'd like to know your opinions on this helmet for sale..i 'm totally unexpert about headgear but i'd like to make a surprise gift to a friend of mine for Christmas...it's a m40 Q62

Default heer M40 helmet..opinions

hi all...i'd like to know your opinions on this helmet for sale..i 'm totally unexpert about headgear but i'd like to make a surprise gift to a friend of mine for Christmas...it's a m40 Q62 with broken chainstrap...what do you think about it and about a good price to buy
    best regards and thanks a lot
    heer M40 helmet..opinionsheer M40 helmet..opinionsheer M40 helmet..opinionsheer M40 helmet..opinionsheer M40 helmet..opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement heer M40 helmet..opinions
    P
    Many

I don't like the decal, it has application damage (the horizontal split 1/3 up from the bottom of the transfer) which suggests to me postwar application. Jim G.

thanks a lot jim

Hi there , I think you have a very nice quist "big foot" HEER decal on a nice M40. At first I thought there was something wrong with the printing of the adlers foot but then I noticed it was a deep scratch distorting it! The decal was also slightly creased when applied but I still like this one as being a good helmet.(by the way , you listed this in the wrong sub-section as it is most definitely not a "relic"!!) Leon.

opsss sorry...please move in the right section...i'm really unexpert about helmets...also post in the wrrong section ahahah

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I don't like the decal, it has application damage (the horizontal split 1/3 up from the bottom of the transfer) which suggests to me postwar application. Jim G.
    Hi Jim , you could well be right about the decal , it certainly is an original one in my opinion though and looks to have been placed on the helmet some time ago , whether or not it is period is open to debate. Leon.

Moved over for you.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

thanks adrian

No problem.

Something niggles me over the decal too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I have to agree with Jim in regards to the decal.
    Can't say I've ever seen one with that kind of application damage before either.
    It lends itself to the thought of being a post war applied decal that has suffered due to being folded or creased in storage,
    prior to application.

Brad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast