Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer or Navy M-40 Shell?

Article about: M-40 shell with I believe probably a Heer toned decal I have been seeing on here so much some of my collector friends have thought it is a Navy I don't think so just one of the Toned Heer ma

Default Heer or Navy M-40 Shell?

M-40 shell with I believe probably a Heer toned decal I have been seeing on here so much some of my collector friends have thought it is a Navy I don't think so just one of the Toned Heer maybe. There is not a lot of it left to tell helmet has a dent from something it is a EF 64 Fulda didn't come out too well as it is rusted and pretty worn. Has a fairly high lot number but this is also rusted. I will say that I put this over at GHW and they are all voting KM most think it is a EF KM I know there isn't much of the decal to judge. My collector friend I got it from insited it was Navy and he has 60 years of helmet collecting under his belt so maybe I stand corrected. If so it is only the second Navy I have had. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer or Navy M-40 Shell?   Heer or Navy M-40 Shell?  

Heer or Navy M-40 Shell?   Heer or Navy M-40 Shell?  

Heer or Navy M-40 Shell?  
    Last edited by timothy; 08-27-2013 at 03:16 AM. Reason: update

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer or Navy M-40 Shell?
    P
    Many

Hi Timothy , in my lot number book EF64 23439 is a single decal KM. I can only tell that yours is either 23138 or 23438. If it is the latter then it stands a good chance of being KM. If it's the former I would say it is more likely to be a toned HEER as the lot numbers around the same area are all HEER and LUFTWAFFE. Leon.

Well I agree with Leon here. I think the lot number is 23138 and looking at what is left of the decal I would vote toned Heer. To give it the final verdict I would always need it in hand and preferably I would also like to have it next to a known KM to compare hue and luster. Looking at the GHW database, though there is a large gap between lot numbers I would also tend to lean towards a Heer issued lid.

Just my 2c

Jason

There is still what looks to be the remains of a raised black outline above what is left of the ride side wing. This would indicate a KM, to me. Under magnification and changing the contrast abit, the 3rd number looks to be a "4".
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I'd be happy to say KM as well. I had one (also an EF) very similar that was quite flaky too.

Edit: Here is mine for comparison.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...0-ef64-204595/

?

I reckon a KM is possible also, but need better close ups.

Brad.

Leon thanks for those lot numbers after cleaning with oil it does appear to be a 4 more than a one. I am happy with it either way but looks like from all comments here and at GHW KM so great. Thanks all for your imput. timothy

Are you only oiling the lot number area, to make it easier to see? I would not put any one the outside of the shell and especially not the decal area. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that Tim, but my brain would itch all night if I didn't say it

Oh yes KradSpam just a little bit on the lot number won't hurt that rust around it. Never the outside or decal with oil you are correct. timothy

I hope that wasn't patronising, it wasn't my intent at all. My helmet OCD was screaming at me though and I had to open the vent lol....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast