Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)

Article about: Hello to all as suggested I took some outside photographs of my recent helmet acquisition. I hope the pictures are sufficient. I think the title describes it aptly. I believe the heat number

Default Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)

Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)

Hello to all as suggested I took some outside photographs of my recent helmet acquisition. I hope the pictures are sufficient. I think the title describes it aptly. I believe the heat number is 956 but it's hard to make out. For anyone interested it came from SVMilitaria and the transaction went rather smoothly. It fit the bill of what I was looking for original shell decent decal, liner and chinstrap. Just a nice display piece for the collection. Now was the liner replaced and is the chinstrap original? I ll leave that up to you guys. All in all i am very happy with it. As always any comments and observations are welcome good or bad. Thanks for looking. Best regards to all.

Brian
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 08-14-2018 at 07:07 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)
    P
    Many

Hi Brian
    Can't tell from these pics about the liner if original to he helmet. Is the liner band dated ? Being a re-issue helmet, that would not matter much as long as it's not 1944.
    Just see if the split pins are not kinked or warped & all 3 washers in place without signs of handling.
    D.

Hey David thanks for the reply! The liner is in relatively good shape and pliable. The one photograph is of the inside of the liner the stamp looks to read 56 N 37 I don't know if 37 signifies date of manufacture? I do think the washer is missing on one of the split pins but I'll give it a closer inspection to verify. Thanks again!

Brian

Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)

I didn't want to pry on the liner band too much but i can see two of the split pins are tight to the interior and one looks to be partially spread. However I see no washers visible? The pin to the reverse looks to have rust or paint on the shank where it passes through the exterior to the interior, maybe signs that it's been there awhile? Just speculation though. Best regards.

Brian

Top picture is rear pin, middle picture is right side pin, bottom picture is left side pin that shows minor spreading.

Looked for a date on the band and I'm sure you'll be more familiar with the mark but it looks like D.R.P and dated 1940?

Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)

Hi, well the shell and decal are certainly fine, the liner is a 1940 dated one so that's ok for a re-issue. The missing washers in itself are not a definate indicator of the liner having been messed with so it could well be original. I really cannot see if there are any "wobbles" from these images so i will say that i think it is ok from what i can see! The chinstrap may be from some other nations helmet as the buckle appears very "square" and the leather is sown onto the bales rather than using the studs that a German one would use? Better images of that are needed. Leon.

I would like to see a full liner photo taken from above.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I would like to see a full liner photo taken from above.
    Thanks for the opinions thus far guys! Greatly appreciated. Sorry I didn't post the images of the liner in the first round of pics but here it is.

And Leon yes Karl did list in the ad that the chinstrap may of been replaced as you are spot on that it's stitched not riveted together. Good eyes my friend.

Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)Heer Q62 M35 re-issue (outside photographs)

Think Leon said most of what is possible on this. Maybe Frank can see something else.
    D.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Think Leon said most of what is possible on this. Maybe Frank can see something else.
    D.
    I was hoping for an extra clue with the full liner photo but I can’t add more than what has been already stated.
    If everything looks like it belong together you should not worry about the missing washers.
    interesting to see an ET decal as a reissue decal , I have had an NS once as well with an ET decal.
    I wonder how that happened. Maybe a deal was made with SE or ET to refurbish a bunch of shells returned from the Western campaign before Barbarossa ? Who will say.