Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please

Article about: Thanks for your Opinions Gentlemen I was going to hang off on contacting the seller once this thread had run its course. And to clarify things the seller does not own the Antique mall were i

?

Default Re: Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please

Hi Doug was hoping you would show up to voice your opinion on the helmet live and learn so I will assume it was at one time in its life a N/D CKL then.
    Hard way to learn I really liked the shell and the liner they looked ok to me a little blurry on the rest as I stated thanks for every ones opinions and help

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 11-25-2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Add text

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hate to be the dissenting voice but I believe you've bought a fake camo with a fake decal and looks like a repro strap. Here is another of the fake decal type mimicking an ET decal.

Attachment 427067

Also Lars different service branches can have the same lot number.
    Hello Doug,

I just ran through the data base that i have and could only find the 2 matching numbers mentioned. Is there another D B for LW i.e?

Regards, Lars

Hi Doug,i personally don't see your well educated opinion as a dissenting voice,as i mentioned at the start of the thread this one just did not sit right to my eye.It is a real eye opener to see this decal before it,s applied though,it really was the "spotting" that stood out to me + plus that edge!,that said i really wish my thoughts had been wrong as this could have been a cracker!!

I've never seen that printed like look on an original decal. The chinstrap doesn't show period wear, and the paint looks like it was sanded down (maybe it is just the pictures). How does the liner and chinstrap smell?

Corey

?

Hi Corey there is an absence of smell (no chemicals) as to the paint It does not appear to have been sanded down .
    I took a chance new it was going to be a gamble
    Thanks for the imput and your opinion well if nothing else it will make a good display piece or I will sell it off for what it is be good for a reenacter undecided yet .

Regards Mark K

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Hello Doug,

I just ran through the data base that i have and could only find the 2 matching numbers mentioned. Is there another D B for LW i.e?

Regards, Lars
    No, lot numbers were not exclusive to a given branch. Example, an ET M40 lot 1234 could have been issued to the LW and Heer.

?

Mark, I would pressure this guy for a full refund. The decal, camo and I am pretty sure the strap as well, are all reproductions. Any decent business has a refund policy and I am sure he would not want his name ruined in his antique store for selling fakes. Its a small world, especially in mid-Vancouver Island.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hate to be the dissenting voice but I believe you've bought a fake camo with a fake decal and looks like a repro strap. Here is another of the fake decal type mimicking an ET decal.

Attachment 427067

Also Lars different service branches can have the same lot number.
    I agree with Doug and the few others who said your decal is fake . It's from the same family as Doug's one and the 2 posted under . if you compare with a good ET , there are a lot of noticeable errors
    I also would ask for a refund as IMHO this helmet has no real interest except if you paid very few and , like you said , you are a reenactor .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fake_etse_2_119.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	427298Click image for larger version. 

Name:	german-decal-heer-old.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	427299

Make that three , fake decal , paint and chinstrap. Not worth your time and money.
    Who's the seller ?

?

It's a Vancouver Island dealer who is also on WAF I understand. He sold a fake, he knows its a fake, it's time to name and shame and he should be getting you the money back today. Give him a ring and let him know the score Mark. You should not be saddled with this eyesore.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast