Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Heer SD M42 Estate Sale

Article about: Hey guys, I have posted some pictures in this thread of an M42 single decal helmet. Hoping to get a deal on it, depending on the crowd. I just want your opinions on the helmet in general. Th

Default Heer SD M42 Estate Sale

Hey guys,

I have posted some pictures in this thread of an M42 single decal helmet. Hoping to get a deal on it, depending on the crowd.

I just want your opinions on the helmet in general. The auctioneer was kind enough to send me the pictures, and I even guided him to the ckl stamp on the rear skirt. He also mentioned that there is a dome stamp present inside the shell.

Any opinions on this one would be great. I don't have an M42 in my collection, so it would be sweet to pick this one up!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer SD M42 Estate Sale   Heer SD M42 Estate Sale  

Heer SD M42 Estate Sale   Heer SD M42 Estate Sale  

Heer SD M42 Estate Sale   Heer SD M42 Estate Sale  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer SD M42 Estate Sale
    P
    Many

Very poor pictures but it looks like a good subtle Camo. The decal is washed out, but it seems to be a good one as well. In my opinion, if not too pricey it would be worth taking a shot. Jim G.

What makes a decal fade like this? Sitting in a sun filled window for 70 years maybe?