Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Heer SD opinions

Article about: One picture is "flashed out" and one picture is "washed out" The person taking the photo has enhanced the close up using Adobe cs or something like that. Unless the perso

Default Re: Heer SD opinions

One picture is "flashed out" and one picture is "washed out" The person taking the photo has enhanced the close up using Adobe cs or something like that.

Unless the person selling has a studio set up, pictures should be taken in natural daylight, and they need to be a bigger size than the one shown. The price difference between a decaled helmet and an un decaled one is enough to make some people try their arm ( try to con people)
    It is quite rare, and i use that term loosely, to find an honest lid that hasn't been messed with at some point.

There are helmets out there that fit the collectors requirements, but they do come at a premium

and most people get confused between a gold toned army decal, and a Kriegsmarine decal.
    The army one tones, because of the lacquer turning over the years coupled with the metallic content in the decal itself, whereas as you correctly say Kriegsmarine decals are layered with gold flakes I'll show the picture again for the benefit of others who may have missed it first time around
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0115.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	39179  
    Last edited by John Brandon; 05-22-2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: adding picture

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Blood chit
    ?

Default Re: Heer SD opinions

Thanks a ton, Jon for your time, sorry for being such a "newbie" I am considering this for display with my artillery tunic. I now understand the differentiation between decals, and of course, rip-off artists will use anything to get a buck. I can see a bright light surrounding the decal in one of the pictures of the helmet, so I think it is flash effect. So much to learn!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12