Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Single Decal M40

Article about: No No NO! Please don't oil any helmet! I have merged your two threads about this helmet together into one. Cheers, Ade.

Default Heer Single Decal M40

Hi guys,

I recently bought this m40 SD (SE64) at the local antique store, the helmet self is in a realy nice condition, but i'am not sure about the decal... Can someone plz help me with this dilemma?
    Also, in the neck stands the number 80 <- anyone got a clue?

Thanks!

Heer Single Decal M40Heer Single Decal M40Heer Single Decal M40Heer Single Decal M40Heer Single Decal M40
    Last edited by Dominick Somers; 10-07-2013 at 07:02 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Single Decal M40
    P
    Many

Welcome. Looks like a good helmet. Decal looks ok to me. Helmet may have been shined. Paint doesn't have the expected flat feldgrau paint look to it. The chin trap I'm not sure about. Is too new to belong to this helmet, but I'm wondering if its a repro. More photos would help

I will soon post more pictures, thank for the comment!

nice helmet, good decal, Todd is right need better photo of chinstrap. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Good decal , no worries.

Hi , there are no issues with this one apart from the "oiled" look to the paintwork and what certainly appears to be a fake chinstrap. The decal is a good one but does show the classic signs of poor adhesion so look after it well or else you may find decal "flakes" all over the dog!! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi , there are no issues with this one apart from the "oiled" look to the paintwork and what certainly appears to be a fake chinstrap. The decal is a good one but does show the classic signs of poor adhesion so look after it well or else you may find decal "flakes" all over the dog!! Leon.
    Thx fallschirmjager,
    Do you have some good advice for a good conservation for the decal? But as well for the helmet itself?

Quote by Dominick Somers View Post
    Thx fallschirmjager,
    Do you have some good advice for a good conservation for the decal? But as well for the helmet itself?
    Hi , you cannot really do anything other than keep it in away from the kids inquisitive fingers in a display cabinet or alike. Leon.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi , you cannot really do anything other than keep it in away from the kids inquisitive fingers in a display cabinet or alike. Leon.
    Agreed, nothing that you can do to it that wouldn't decrease it's collectability or value.

Brad.

Quote by Lidman View Post
    Agreed, nothing that you can do to it that wouldn't decrease it's collectability or value.

Brad.
    Should i oil it regularly?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast