Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Transitional Helmet

Article about: Hi Guys I have had this helmet for around 30 years. It was given to me when as a child I was interested in all things military and many of the veterans the family knew would often be pleased

Default Heer Transitional Helmet

Hi Guys

I have had this helmet for around 30 years. It was given to me when as a child I was interested in all things military and many of the veterans the family knew would often be pleased to see a youngster take an interest.

Looking at it now the decals dont look right but I have no idea why anyone would have wanted to fake it to then give it to me! I wouldve been chuffed to bits just with the helmet, I suppose at least I can guarantee the decals have not been put on in that time frame.

Obviously the story is irrelevant as I could make anything up and ythe old addage about buying the artefact not the story comes into play, but as I neither bought or would ever sell it as it was given to me, I would love to hear you guys' honest opinion on it.

Thanks is advance

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer Transitional Helmet  Heer Transitional Helmet  Heer Transitional Helmet  Heer Transitional Helmet  Heer Transitional Helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Transitional Helmet
    P
    Many

Default re: Heer Transitional Helmet

Eagle decal looks odd IMO, but hey, what do I know. Bigger and better pics would be useful if possible.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The insignia look painted to me. Please post clear straight on photos, in outdoor light if possible. Thanks. Jim G.

Apologies guys I didnt want to try and load huge files, I ahve made these a little larger if still no use I will take some more in daylight tomorrow

Thanks for your interest and thoughts

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Transitional Helmet   Heer Transitional Helmet  

Thanks for the extra pica. I still the think the eagle looks odd and the tri colour is a round bottomed type, which is characteristic of a fake I think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I would be inclined to say that the tri-colour has been painted on, unknown when, the Adler ive never seen one like it , does it have a white border or silver metallic

4md
    ?

yep, never seen that Adler before, it looks more Aztec than third reich

Dave, the Adler has a silver outline, or at least faded silver the same as the eagle. What colour should it be?

Thanks

Steve

?

Thats just it Steve i dont think it should have any type of border but the adler itself isnt like the norm, its just weird, id like Jim , Frank or Ade to have a say, they may have seen something like this

Thanks Dave, it is also absolutely perfectly flat to the helmet there is no raised edge that can be felt by hand when running fingers over the edges of the decal.

Interesting to know its an odd one, would love to hear other opinions, i'm starting to think its probably been done to badly to be a fake!! but then again if it was done as a fake it has to have been done more than 30 years ago now.

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast