Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Transitional SD Helmet

Article about: I came across this Heer Transitional SD Helmet on eBay. I'm assuming the helmet itself is Austrian (M17?). The decal looks like it could be original; however, the pictures are not the best q

Default Heer Transitional SD Helmet

I came across this Heer Transitional SD Helmet on eBay. I'm assuming the helmet itself is Austrian (M17?). The decal looks like it could be original; however, the pictures are not the best quality. Any information or opinions on this would be much appreciated as I haven't done too much research into these transitional helmets

Heer Transitional SD HelmetHeer Transitional SD HelmetHeer Transitional SD HelmetHeer Transitional SD Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Transitional SD Helmet
    P
    Many

Hi CH

Would let this one go. Put together a few $$ & invest in something you will be happy with 6 months from now.
    David

Hi, i would pass as well, the decal appears to have an odd "shape" to the shield unless that is just the angle of the image distorting it. Leon.

Oh , I seem to have a different opinion then my colleagues.
    One thing I would check or ask if the paint under the leather is green. This is a good thing and I think it is but best have it confirmed.
    To me this one looks like a black painted Bahnschutz helmet , probably painted around the decal which makes it looks strangely shaped.
    An interesting helmet to own.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    One thing I would check or ask if the paint under the leather is green. This is a good thing and I think it is but best have it confirmed.
    To me this one looks like a black painted Bahnschutz helmet , probably painted around the decal which makes it looks strangely shaped.
    Ah, yes, you could well be right there Frank, the decal may be affected by that, i am struggling to see to much as i am on a net-book at the moment so cannot see in high resolution. Leon.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post

I'm on my phone, but I am with Frank on this one. These black Heer helmets have a definite connection to the Reichsbahn. They are pretty rare. Jim G.