Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Heimwehr Danzig helmet

Article about: hello kameraden.one of my friends wish to sell this helmet.found in Danzig area by detecting at 1992-3y.it,s m35,metal is still very good.so looking for opinions-what can be price for this h

Default Re: Heimwehr Danzig helmet

hello guy,s.first i must say thankyou for supporting me in last posts -DougB and Dima.next thing-i was happy this morning when i get ivitation from post office to come and pick up my stuff-so finaly i bought it. there are little bit more info about this helmet-it was found near Gdansk(PL)Danzig.it was dig up by Woitek(well known archeolog and polish historian of Gdansk),in western side of Dazig after Oliwa-Sopott(probably lost there duruing the battles of 1939). P.S- my friend added some paper wich says that back in 1994 some german helmet colector LUDWIG BAER wished to by this helmet,and had send few letters to my friend asking for that helmet. So,there it is once again.new enybody can get eny picture in eny angle.i do agree for eny expertize.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heimwehr Danzig helmet   Heimwehr Danzig helmet  

Heimwehr Danzig helmet   Heimwehr Danzig helmet  

Heimwehr Danzig helmet   Heimwehr Danzig helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heimwehr Danzig helmet
    P
    Many

?

The post on the WAF about the helmet...
    One of a Kind!! - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    The post became to be a not so friendly. And opinions created is just from the item location
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The post became to be a not so friendly. And opinions created is just from the item location
    A very poor response on the WAF , no serious , informed discussion re this helmet just the usual negativity about any other forum. As we all know the only real experts are all at WAF !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Quiet normal Waf is the sound a dogs make when barking!!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

We are all the commununities with the same peoples- interesting in history and collectables, just here is an choise, where to stay, as most of us, we are not only the WRF members, but most part of us also members and mods of GMIC, WAF, GDF etc forums. I will never discourage other forums, as said before, peoples choose the forums where they feel comfortable. Firstly the luftwaffenkopf don't read the tread till the end, and he don't know that in the same way he trying to discourage the WAF admin... So, that is offtop, and please just a discussions concerning the Danzig helmet. If someone wants, please create the new thread on the discussion forum
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

dmc
    ?

Hello Ostlanddigger,

It would be great to hear what happened with this helmet.

Did you end up selling it ? What was your asking price ?

thanks

I see this helmet has surfaced on another forum , seeing as how it originated here is there any new info out there on whats happened to it , cheers Raymond

Guys,
    reading this thread is like reading a novel !! There are also bad guys (the other forum) and goodguys...and an innocent victim of all those comments (the helmet)!!! This is the best thread at all !!
    Thank you for sharing pictures annd opinion on this stunning piece of history!!

Gentlemen....what ever happened to this helmet ? where is it now ? 10 months on and nothing, Ostlandigger please put us out of our misery.......I am sure members who took part in ths intriguing discussion/evaluation will want to know....

dmc
    ?

The helmet resides at the Wilson History and Research Center
    ( Little Rock, Arkansas ) Wilson History & Research Center.... and was recently reunited in Frankfurt Germany with Ludwig Baer, who was quite pleased to see it and share his perspective on the helmet.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast