Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Heimwehr Danzig helmet

Article about: hello kameraden.one of my friends wish to sell this helmet.found in Danzig area by detecting at 1992-3y.it,s m35,metal is still very good.so looking for opinions-what can be price for this h

?

Default Re: Heimwehr Danzig helmet

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Did you include this one into your collection Doug?
    Yes the owner of the helmet sadly passed away from a hard batte with cancer, he was a friend. I have bought it from his estate and it will be something to remember him by as well as being maybe the rarest "SS" helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heimwehr Danzig helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by DougB View Post
    Yes the owner of the helmet sadly passed away from a hard batte with cancer, he was a friend. I have bought it from his estate and it will be something to remember him by as well as being maybe the rarest "SS" helmet.
    Condolences on the loss of your friend Doug, but i"m sure he would be pleased to know it now has the finest home in which to reside, and my Heartiest congratulations! truly a "one off" and i couldn't think of a more deserving owner.

Best Regards

Phill.

?

Quote by DougB View Post

Im sorry to hear another one has passed away from this illness. I sent his web page several request for buying some caps, but i never recieved an answer.

?

A sad memento of a friend Doug but you have one of the rarest lids on the planet to remind you of that friendship !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

What a superb result but alas tinged with the loss of a friend, but the helmet will always be a sincere and valued memento of a friendship and the knowledge that another true officianado of the collecting world remains its custodian , my condolences to you Doug but also my appreciation for saving this true beauty of a rarity, possibly the first and last one we'll ever see

?

Great thread. Ultra Rae SS lid. Sad that the fine man passed. I'm glad it went to you, Doug. You own the best collection of helmets I've ever seen, and I show your wall o helmets to all my friends, they say woah! Thanks for sharing.
    Dean.

Fascinating thread - One I had missed! A great read.

I wonder if any more will show up.....pretty interesting.

Could say I'm a touch late to this thread Was a great read through the 14 pages and overjoyed that it was finally proven to be a good one and is now in a good home.

It's a shame DougB took all of his pictures down when he left as it's removed some incredibly important points of reference, especially in this thread, for a helmet most of us will never see in person, and one that only a select few will ever own. Regardless, I'm glad it is at least in a collection that will look after it, and I hope whenever it moves next it is under less saddening circumstances, rest in peace to your friend Doug

Im not sure we know where the helmet now resides as I believe Doug disposed of all his helmets.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast