Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Heimwehr Danzig helmet

Article about: hello of my friends wish to sell this helmet.found in Danzig area by detecting at,s m35,metal is still very looking for opinions-what can be price for this h

Default Re: Heimwehr Danzig helmet

Have been away for 2 days and come back to see this debate is moving forward at a pace thanks to Anders photos, this is what i was hoping for some photo evidence . This is clearly the same lid that Maris has which was photograhed for Baers book !!

The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Yes, I agree the helmet is the same, noone can replicate ( as Doug says) the battledamage. Anders, you mean the picture from the Bruno Renoult archive? I can ask him about the closeup pictures if he have
    Dimas, please do.
    I do not know who Renoult is.
    What I understand Ludwig did recive many photos from different collectors that was published.

hello recieve some decal they are.hope will help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1358.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	173.1 KB 
ID:	50651   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1357.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	213.5 KB 
ID:	50652  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1356.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	50653   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1355.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	211.3 KB 
ID:	50654  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1354.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	50655  

Wow....not sure what to say. What do the diggers who see many decals with subsurface rust think?

Ostlandigger, I would love to see this decal get XRF tested and magnified to 400x.

Interesting indeed!

Disscusion on this helmet , the pros and cons on whether it is an original piece could go on for years .Personaly i feel the only way to finally authenticate this helmet is to have both the tests done that Doug has spoken of .
    If the helmets history is as stated then a helmet of such rareity should be properly authenticted , for historys sake , for the sellers sake , and the buyers sake .
    M y guess is the cost of such test would be pitence compared to price this helmet would fetch once proven beond douht it is an orginal Heimwehr Danzig Helmet , even in this condition .
    A very interesting , exciteing , time in the helmet collecting world , i will be following this thread with anticipation and i hope and wish Ostlander a good outcome , cheers Raymond

What about the Danzig decal. Can we get a pic of that one as well?

Looking at that skull, there are rust spots but where is the crazing, the shrinking of the material, the discoloration.

Good morning,or eveningDougB-about last pics:-by looking at them everybody can see some traces like left from some cloth.soory tahts wrong efect from my computer screen,because i made pictures from screen using camera.enyway helmet is real and i with agreement of my friend agree eny kind of test.from my point of view it is just loosing time-but i realy understand that everybody just want to be sure about authenitictie.OK DougB-MY WIFE IS SCREEMING THAT I MUST START THE CAR AND GO WITH HER PICK UP MUSHROOMS.see you later.

Yes, that is what I thought, digital tracing on the image, not marks on the helmet. When you are done with the mushrooms get us some Danzig shield pics if you have time!

Hello Ostlanddigger

Thanks for posting the images of your interesting helmet . Does the Totenkopf decal appear to be Aluminum based ? I Look forward to seeing closeup pictures of the Danzig Shield when your time permits.

Hi guys , just wondering if theres been any new developements on this very interesting helmet , cheers Raymond

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast