Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello, my new Heer M35 SE64, opinions please:)

Article about: To think of removing painting of the tricolored flag, in order that it could see. opinions please

Default Hello, my new Heer M35 SE64, opinions please:)

To think of removing painting of the tricolored flag, in order that it could see.
    opinions please

Hello, my new Heer M35 SE64, opinions please:)Hello, my new Heer M35 SE64, opinions please:)Hello, my new Heer M35 SE64, opinions please:)Hello, my new Heer M35 SE64, opinions please:)Hello, my new Heer M35 SE64, opinions please:)Hello, my new Heer M35 SE64, opinions please:)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello, my new Heer M35 SE64, opinions please:)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hello, my new Heer M35 SE64, opinions please:)

I don't think so... I have a bad feeling about this helmet, it might just be me, but it seems too perfect...
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

i dont like the yellow on the decal. or the chin strap. just my oppinion :0)

?

Patrick and Vegar, this appears to be a nice textbook reissued M35 which was overpainted according to regulations at the time. The "yellowing" of the decal is due to the protective lacquer toning over the past 65-70 years and is actually a good sign. Note the natural crazing of the decal, which appear to be an ET decal on at ET helmet, perfect match. The chinstrap looks ok from here but better photos are needed to tell for sure. The condition of the helmet is in nice condition, shame of the hit on the eagle head, but a helmet being "too perfect" is a good thing. ;-) Condition is everything, don't judge one because of condition, judge a helmet based upon the details.

Bicho, I would highly recommend you do not mess with the tricolor. Liberating the tricolor (exposing the tricolor) would seriously devalue the helmet and you are altering the historical piece left by the soldier, and removing it from a regulation re-issue. If you want a helmet where you can see the double decals on an M35 Heer, just go buy one. There were several for sale here ww2germanhelmets.com and other reputable dealer sites at reasonable prices.

I hope this original helmet remains untouched.

4md
    ?

this one looks familiar....ww2germanhelmets site? , i wouldnt do anything to the paint if thats what you mean

?

4md, That could be a Dave Shirlin picture (ww2germanhelmets.com) , those are his typical photo angles and lighting. Dave is a first class guy, honest and makes sure his helmets are always 100% legitimate and will never BS a seller or buyer, good integrity with him!

4md
    ?

yep it is, i knew it looked familiar, i always look at his site
    nice one bicho
    Last edited by 4md; 05-18-2011 at 05:14 PM.

?

woops sorry for speaking in the wrong. to me i thought it was strange but being corrected made me learn something new thank you.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Patrick and Vegar, this appears to be a nice textbook reissued M35 which was overpainted according to regulations at the time. The "yellowing" of the decal is due to the protective lacquer toning over the past 65-70 years and is actually a good sign. Note the natural crazing of the decal, which appear to be an ET decal on at ET helmet, perfect match. The chinstrap looks ok from here but better photos are needed to tell for sure. The condition of the helmet is in nice condition, shame of the hit on the eagle head, but a helmet being "too perfect" is a good thing. ;-) Condition is everything, don't judge one because of condition, judge a helmet based upon the details.

Bicho, I would highly recommend you do not mess with the tricolor. Liberating the tricolor (exposing the tricolor) would seriously devalue the helmet and you are altering the historical piece left by the soldier, and removing it from a regulation re-issue. If you want a helmet where you can see the double decals on an M35 Heer, just go buy one. There were several for sale here ww2germanhelmets.com and other reputable dealer sites at reasonable prices.

I hope this original helmet remains untouched.
    thanks, is 100000% ORIGINAL To buy in ww2germanhelmets,
    Naturally it is PERFECT and ORIGINAL.
    It is necessary To judge the faults!! Not the perfection

The helmet to be preserved and not to manipulate it.

Thank you very much DougB, to be grateful very much for your opinions, really you know about what you speak

?

Well Doug got in before me AGAIN !!, I like this helmet , a good honest untouched M35 , decent liner and i think a decent chin strap, id like to see a close up of the tri-colour area, from here i reckon it could have been removed before repaint, but a close up would help. As doug said , shame about the adlers head but it adds to the period look and is nicely toned, well done mate you did good

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast