Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Helmet Afrika Corps, Need Heelp

Article about: Hi guys, I need your help. I have a helmet, Africa should be. The leather was probably times replaced in 1962 I think. It looks as if the helmet at the origin had a different color. The helm

?????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by kurland kessel View Post
    from kurland attic..original AFRIKA PAINT?or maybe post-war painted?I think that painted after a war
    70 year old paint or 40 year old ..?
    It's becoming too hard to tell as the years pass.
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

besides everything being bad
    be careful with those double decal M42's

The M42 in the original post seems to me to have a good liner band, or at least parts of a good liner band. Looks like somebody has cut and revetted a liner band to fit this M42 lid.

Hi Kurland, for me this is also a post war paint job. A good original tan usually (not always) shows a nice "pink" tinge to the colour. Both of these helmets look like relatively modern efforts with artificial wear. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

?

That first helmet made my skin crawl, is it being sold as an original?
    The second one's paint and wear doesn't give me a fuzzy warm feeling inside either.

Brad.

thanks friend
    Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Kurland, for me this is also a post war paint job. A good original tan usually (not always) shows a nice "pink" tinge to the colour. Both of these helmets look like relatively modern efforts with artificial wear. Leon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12