MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Which helmet colour for German winter setup?

Article about: Hi everyone, I've purchased a mannequin winter setup with all original equipment and uniform, except there is no helmet. The uniform is an infantry greatcoat, winter boots and head scarf thi

Default Which helmet colour for German winter setup?

Hi everyone,

I've purchased a mannequin winter setup with all original equipment and uniform, except there is no helmet. The uniform is an infantry greatcoat, winter boots and head scarf thing. I'm looking at purchasing a replica helmet just to tide me over until I find an original one. My question is, which helmet would be correct for this setup? Looking online, the white snow helmets look like they're only worn with the white uniforms, not the regular colour greatcoats. Photos I've seen of soldiers in the greatcoats have the regular army coloured helmets. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Which helmet colour for German winter setup?
    P
    Many

?

First off, don’t bother with the replica helmet... be patient and save the money for an original.

A standard M35 or 40 would suit an early greatcoat, for a ‘Barbarossa’ style image, or an M42 (or the earlier types, of course) for a later coat. It sounds like you are doing the right thing, regarding photo-research; keep looking and pick the ‘look’ you like!
    Original images are not wrong, after all.

Happy hunting!
    Bob

?

From my personal collection:

Which helmet colour for German winter setup?

Cheers,
    Fabe

Thank you for the reply! I purchased a semi-relic winter helmet (from Stalingrad apparently) with quite a lot of the original white paint showing (can also see some original green paint underneath in some parts). I think having a relic helmet that's been there-done that would look the part with the uniform.

This is how I like to do mine, get a decent helmet as a relic belongs in the ground!