Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helmet and Decal, Help

Article about: Whatever it is, its a bloody mess, post war liner that does'nt even fit the shell, plastic or paper decal ? , wrong side , I'm not even sure its a German manufactured helmet

Default Helmet and Decal, Help

Dear Friends, i need your help and information of this helmet and the decal, first and more important, original or fake?, model?, a estimated value?. Sorry, I have only these pictures. Thanks in advance

Helmet and Decal, Help

Helmet and Decal, Help

Helmet and Decal, Help

Helmet and Decal, Help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet and Decal, Help
    P
    Many

Default Re: Helmet and Decal, Help

the liner system looks to me like a post war german helmet liner. and the decal looks like a fake big footed quist decal

?

I would avoid this one, the decal appears to be a sticker and on the wrong side. Perhaps an original shell (or not). Liner lacks stitching, I don't see a liner band, paint may even be suspect - it has definitely been messed with.

Quote by geelong View Post
    the liner system looks to me like a post war german helmet liner. and the decal looks like a fake big footed quist decal
    Bullseye.

Pass pass pass. Looks like a good M42 shell with added parts. Save your money.

?

The shell is the only thing that stands a chance of being a period item, I'm afraid.

Brad.

Dear oh dear .............
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Hello All
    Geelong has hit the nail on the head.....No external liner rivets & a dome mounted liner.

Regards
    Brett

OH DEAR OH DEAR!This sorry old pot is a real stinker.Whoever put that "sticker"on the side could not even get that right.Run away as fast as you can and don't be like LOTS wife and look back at this one incase you to turn into a pillar of salt!

Quote by Brett View Post
    Hello All
    Geelong has hit the nail on the head.....No external liner rivets & a dome mounted liner.

Regards
    Brett
    Actually, that's a bloody good point. No liner rivets? What the hell is this? I equate that to 1950/60 BGS with the M40 style shell, never with an M42 shell. Maybe they were filled and then the lid repainted?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast