Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helmet Decal ID needed

Article about: Hello. Can anybody help me with an ID on this decal. It looks as if there is only one decal on this helmet, but there might have been one on the other side also, wich has dissappered. I know

?

Default Helmet Decal ID needed

Hello. Can anybody help me with an ID on this decal. It looks as if there is only one decal on this helmet, but there might have been one on the other side also, wich has dissappered. I know this might not be easy.

Thanks a lot

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Decal ID needed  
    Last edited by Datrus; 10-20-2011 at 03:38 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet Decal ID needed
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Helmet Decal ID needed

It will be impossible to identify. There is nothing left of it I am sorry.

?

I guess so. I was also just hoping to get a "possible" ID on it. Looks like it's possible that the insignia has disappered and only the background it left. Found it in Vyazma, Rzhew salient.

Is this picture yours or the sellers?

I don't think SS decals wear like that. Perhaps it was a Heer decal and the seller flipped the photo. I have seen it before.

?

It's my own pic and helmet. It was dug up in the Vyazma area, Rzhew salient. I think the first layer/layers of the decal is eroded away, leaving only the background. One can only see what is on the pic. No Sig runes or eagle. Nothing.

Any sign of a decal on the other side?

Doug, I remember you talking about the pulver content of SS decals and how they typically remain relatively intact even when the paint isn't. Would an SS decal wear like this one?

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post

Doug, I remember you talking about the pulver content of SS decals and how they typically remain relatively intact even when the paint isn't. Would an SS decal wear like this one?
    Not really any sign of another decal. But the visible one is so eroded that if there ever was a 2nd one it might be gone. Have been looking at different decals, and there is not that many White/Silver looking decals. Irritating i can't find out.

Still working on the flag Ob.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Still working on the flag Ob.
    Thanks!

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post

I dont believe so no.

?

I have never claimed this to be a SS helmet. I do understand ObKrieger for asking this. This question has also come to my mind. The helmet was dug up like this, except from the mud. Would there be any test to run on it like UV light or so? Is there any single decal helmets that could look like this, having a white/silver background?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast