Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helmet feedback please :)

Article about: Good morning everyone, I apologize for the pictures - they are not very high resolution and missing the needed closeups, I have requested some more pictures and will post later if and when t

?

Default Helmet feedback please :)

Good morning everyone, I apologize for the pictures - they are not very high resolution and missing the needed closeups, I have requested some more pictures and will post later if and when they come. Not sure how the seller has all teh pictures merged onto one file, but it is all I have so far. For now, does everything look OK (genuine) on the helmet - anyone seeing any red flags?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet feedback please :)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Helmet feedback please :)

Looks good and honest to me from the pics, but personally I would not drop any money without more closeups just to be 101% sure. Maybe it has had a coat of lacquer by an old collector?

?

I did some photo editing, this portion of the picture may show a little bigger.

I think it is fine. The paint colour looks to be green in some pics, is that so?

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I think it is fine. The paint color looks to be green in some pics, is that so?
    My impression was the same thing, it looked like a dark green but I cant be sure. Without having it in hand and under natural light I cant confirm or deny.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Looks good and honest to me from the pics, but personally I would not drop any money without more closeups just to be 101% sure. Maybe it has had a coat of lacquer by an old collector?
    My feeling exactly. A steady close up of the eagle is needed, just to be sure.
    You have any information about lot and maker?

I see a good helmet which has been laquered on the outside, giving it an odd but visually appealing patina.

?

I just talked to the seller on the phone, I asked him the color - he says it is a dark green. He will also be sending me a few pictures of the markings inside as well as a closeup of the decal. I am unsure if this is breaking any rules by asking on here - as a buyer: what would I be looking to pay for (fair retail) on this - I understand not having the maker info yet will affect the price, but ball park will suit me fine (feel free to PM me your info) - much thanks, Si

The helmet is Luftwaffe blue on the inside. It is probably the same color on the outside as well, but the laquer has aged, giving it that weird yellow-green patina.

Looks like a nice double decal luft, I agree with the laquer making it look green over time, need better pics to judge the chinstrap, that seems to be the most replaced/replicated item.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast