Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet good or bad??????

Article about: Hello everyone, My wife bought this helmet for me on my birthday many years ago. I'm pretty sure its bad, I'm fairly new at this and am trying to learn as fast as possible. If it is bad plea

Default Helmet good or bad??????

Hello everyone, My wife bought this helmet for me on my birthday many years ago. I'm pretty sure its bad, I'm fairly new at this and am trying to learn as fast as possible. If it is bad please let me know why so that I don't make the same mistake. If its bad I still won't tell her, she was so happy about finding it herself. It was back when I first started collecting. I have many more items for inspection when I take the photos. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet good or bad??????   Helmet good or bad??????  

Helmet good or bad??????   Helmet good or bad??????  

Helmet good or bad??????   Helmet good or bad??????  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet good or bad??????
    P
    Many

Default Re: Helmet good or bad??????

Hi

I think that your suspicions are correct,

sorry

?

If someone restored helmet to make the original look, I don't think that underneath of the paint is original decals, anyway it's a gift from a woman and keep it as just a gift
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I was to late.... what i wanted to say was I didnt like the decals I dont like the "bubbles"

Here is another fake, with similar characteristics to yours

The one on the right is an original Bigfoot Decal
    Last edited by John Brandon; 06-30-2010 at 05:57 PM.

I love this forum...I learn so much!!! I can see the gaps on the left feet of the eagles...would nevernotice that unless I was told to look for it !

Thak you JMB!

Thanks to everyone, so I take it that I have good and bad news, real helmet and liner but shell redone. Could have been worse. JMB thanks for posting the decals, I was able to see the one on my helmet is the fake one. I am tempted to take the advice of Dimas and leave it as is as it is a gift from my wife, but a question for Phil, if I wanted to try a small area to see if anything is under the redo where would I start and how would it be done. I don't want to ruin what I have but I am curious. Cobra, it looks like we might have been in the same part of the world at one time and I too am learning more every day on this site. Thanks again, John

Question Re: Helmet good or bad??????

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    fakers do it all the time dimas i would tend to want to see its former glory decal or not, but my personal choice.
    Phil, do you have any advice on how and where on the helmet to check to see if there is anything underneath the redo on my helmet? Thanks, John