Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet Guys.....Look Away Now!!!

Article about: Very interesting video. You can easily imagine how Germans in 1946 would be pleased to have these helmets recycled into something peaceful and useful, symbolically and practically putting al

Default Helmet Guys.....Look Away Now!!!

Here's an interesting bit of newsreel, bet it gets some of you gnashing your teeth though!!

You'll have heard of "Swords into ploughshears" no doubt, but what about "Stahlhelms into strainers"?? Enjoy it, I did!!

MAKING POTS FROM GERMAN HELMETS - British Pathé

I wonder how many of these things are still kicking around German flea markets, or kuche's even!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet Guys.....Look Away Now!!!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Helmet Guys.....Look Away Now!!!

Fantastic clip Ned, thanks for posting it. I noticed how all the decals appeared to have been removed prior to the process...wouldn't want a bit of Adler in your soup now would we...?

Regards,

Carl

p.s. I do hope that Doug doesn't see this...

I've seen this before, painful

However, I'd love one of those for the kitchen

?

That's a neat video and certainly shows why so few of the 25,000,000 Helmets survived! On another note, I wonder why these German documentary mini movies always have the guy with the worst whiny high pitched nasal voice doing the speaking....

No, no, no dear Neddie, this was the M46 helmet secretly converted - fulfilling the dear fuhrer's alternate design after he rejected the M45!

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images Helmet Guys.....Look Away Now!!! 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

there are used in gardens now with flowers in them

I don't get too upset watching that. It was so long ago and the country was in such dire conditions, you'd almost expect this to happen. I get furious when you see people nowadays ruining good helmet by trying to make them into what they weren't, i.e. camo's, SS or DD. My neighbor is in his 80's and was in Austria around 1950-52, and he said he saw helmets being used as pole toppers to keep the tops of telephone and electric poles from rotting away. He says he has one in the attic but I can't seem to convince him to get it out, I even offered to go up and get it for him. No luck yet.

And there was me thinking it was a 'revolutionary' Egyptian concept.....Just goes to show there's nowt new.
    Attached Images Attached Images Helmet Guys.....Look Away Now!!! 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    He says he has one in the attic but I can't seem to convince him to get it out, I even offered to go up and get it for him. No luck yet.
    You should ask him what colour it is just to tease yourself further

Brown you say? With a red badge on the side?

On the flip side they are now converting garden items into helmets

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Guys.....Look Away Now!!!  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast