Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Helmet - Heer Transitional M-17 Double Decal Helmet

Article about: Lid Guys, I have to admit helmets are not something I am total expert on. I know you guys can give me validation on what data I have and what I might have missed. This one was passed down fr

?

Default Liner markings for your viewing

Here are pictures of both sides of metal liner:

One side is marked:

66 a.A.
    ______

Second Side is marked:

D.R.P .
    SCHUBERTH - WERK
    G.m.b.H.
    BRAUNSCHWEIG
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9400 (640x479).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	769151   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9405.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	185.5 KB 
ID:	769160  

War Relics Forum Sponsor
    My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

66 nA
    An early aluminum liner band.
    I have seen the strap before and thing I have held one in hand. Here is a good reference page
    original helmet components

66 nA
    I have seen the strap before and thing I have held one in hand. Here is a good reference page

?

Thanks. So with the strap not being the authentic one and a replacement what value would it bring? How much more if I look for the proper period M-31 Strap to liner and lid? $75 to $150 more? Any idea where I could find one or a good resource in the states to buy one? What is going rate for a period one? Is it even worth the $ to add it?

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    66 nA

War Relics Forum Sponsor

Period authentic straps can be found for anywhere from $75 to 200 depending on condition, maker mark, etc. I wouldn't worry about adding a period strap, but that's up to you.

MAP
    ?

As Todd noted, nice early non - reinforced liner. Schuberth was the original and I think largest producer of the m-31 liners.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Not sure it matters but it is 66aA on the liner.

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    66 nA

War Relics Forum Sponsor

M38
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Not sure it matters but it is 66aA on the liner.
    It matters only because one marked nA would not fit in a tranny and aA marked bands will. But it is odd that it is marked as a 66 band for a 56 leather. Are you sure it says 56 and not 58? It is not real clear in the pictures you presented.

I think it is a nice helmet and see no reason to believe the liner is replaced. As far as the chinstrap - from what I've seen, a helmet sells for about the same with or without a chinstrap, even though a real strap can be worth up to a couple hundred dollars. Strange.

Anyway, nice helmet and good luck with whatever you decide to do with it.

Cheers,
    Terry

nice helmet.

?

Hey Terry,

Thanks.....66aA with 56 marked under it. Thanks for weighing in with me. Helmet I have had for 10+ years and was just posting to see if my feelings on chin strap were correct on it being a post war strap with the NB nr code. Have a good day!

Quote by M38 View Post
    It matters only because one marked nA would not fit in a tranny and aA marked bands will. But it is odd that it is marked as a 66 band for a 56 leather. Are you sure it says 56 and not 58? It is not real clear in the pictures you presented.

I think it is a nice helmet and see no reason to believe the liner is replaced. As far as the chinstrap - from what I've seen, a helmet sells for about the same with or without a chinstrap, even though a real strap can be worth up to a couple hundred dollars. Strange.

Anyway, nice helmet and good luck with whatever you decide to do with it.

Cheers,
    Terry

War Relics Forum Sponsor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast