Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet - Heer Transitional M-17 Double Decal Helmet

Article about: Lid Guys, I have to admit helmets are not something I am total expert on. I know you guys can give me validation on what data I have and what I might have missed. This one was passed down fr

?

Default Helmet - Heer Transitional M-17 Double Decal Helmet

Lid Guys,

This one was passed down from Opa's collection about 10 years ago and I was taking a look at it the other day. Thought I would post.

Heer Transitional M-17 Double Decal Helmet that was requisitioned back in the early 1930s from the leftover stock from the Imperial period. The helmet has the Frankenstein style air vents. It has been painted a field green. Am I correct that the liner was changed to the M-31 type? There is a size stamped in the helmet but I cannot read what it is. The chinstrap is in real nice condition and liner looks to be the real deal as well and in sound shape.

What do you think of her? How much are these selling for these days in this condition? Look forward to your response.

Rossi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet - Heer Transitional M-17 Double Decal Helmet   Helmet - Heer Transitional M-17 Double Decal Helmet  

Helmet - Heer Transitional M-17 Double Decal Helmet   Helmet - Heer Transitional M-17 Double Decal Helmet  

Helmet - Heer Transitional M-17 Double Decal Helmet   Helmet - Heer Transitional M-17 Double Decal Helmet  

Helmet - Heer Transitional M-17 Double Decal Helmet  
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet - Heer Transitional M-17 Double Decal Helmet
    P
    Many

Hi, looks like a good transitional helmet to me, as to value others may know better than me as I have never really looked to buy the transitional lids. Leon.

Not sure of the value but it's very nice lid, your Opa had taste!...

?

Thanks Gunny for your post and comments. Always can count on my bruthas across the pond this time of night to weigh in. The Forum that is open 25/8 and never sleeps. Signing off as this soldier is pooped out. Heading to the rack.

[QUOTE=Gunny Hartmann;1327989]Not sure of the value but it's very nice lid, your Opa had taste!...[/QUOTE

Nice lid! I'm guessing the whole liner/chinstrap assembly has been changed out latewar or even thereafter, note the RB numbered chinstrap and the square chinstrap bales. I guess the date on the steel liner can't be read?

?

Never did I think I would say this, but that is a beautiful tranny It just oozes character and has that look of age that can't be duplicated.

Jim

MAP
    ?

Rossi,

I have a single decal m17 Austrian transitional. Will look up what I overpaid for it when I return. Not an exact comparison however

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hey Kirk

A nice helmet. The strap is a fake. Probably added at some point to complete the helmet. Liner looks ok. Not sure if it's been replaced.

?

How old do you think the strap is? Who does the maker denote with the RB Nr code? Date of manufacturing? Any idea? Thanks bud!

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    Hey Kirk

A nice helmet. The strap is a fake. Probably added at some point to complete the helmet. Liner looks ok. Not sure if it's been replaced.

?

Glenn...I am taking some pictures of liner and will post shortly.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Nice lid! I'm guessing the whole liner/chinstrap assembly has been changed out latewar or even thereafter, note the RB numbered chinstrap and the square chinstrap bales. I guess the date on the steel liner can't be read?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast