Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet I'd

Article about: I have posted before and from this site found some research sites is this a m-18 single decal email 35 liner navy landing force combat helmet it has a no looks like 464 stamped on top only h

?

Default Helmet I'd

Helmet I'dHelmet I'dHelmet I'dHelmet I'dHelmet I'dHelmet I'd I have posted before and from this site found some research sites is this a m-18 single decal email 35 liner navy landing force combat helmet it has a no looks like 464 stamped on top only helmet I could find that had the rivits around the decal decal is foil label type any help greatly appreciated I am a novice at this

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet I'd
    P
    Many

Austrain transitional helmet
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

We were all novices once and we all have to start somewhere. So no worries. I remember well just a few years back joining the forum and trying to learn and understand the rules. Don't worry. You'll get the hang of it with study and patience.

This is a WW1 Austrian M17 helmet. I have one that was converted as well.

Not sure what you mean by navy landing force combat helmet. This is a WW1 helmet converted for the 3rd Reich period. The decal is Heer (Army). Not Navy. The liner system is called an M31 (adopted in 1931).

I can not tell from the photos but it appears to be an early single band aluminum liner band and not the later steel liner band. Better photos will help.

Wait for others on the decal. I'm not an expert on these. That will tell you if the helmet has been messed with or if original.

Also, not familiar with this style of chinstrap. Hopefully others have seen this style.

Finally, the paint looks good on the outside to me. But the inside is throwing me a bit. It has been repainted as you can see the paint on the liner band and chin strap bales. From the photos it appears to be a slightly different color than the exterior and has less age...but lets wait for others with more experienced than myself

Edit: Tank Destroyer beat me to it. I take too long to write/edit/review before I post....was working on two different threads at the same time bouncing back and forth...LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)