Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet ID please

Article about: I found this helmet on an internet trading site. The owner says its a WW2 German helmet, M35 with EF54 stamp. Can anyone tell from the photo what it actually is? Is it W. German Border guard

?

Default Helmet ID please

I found this helmet on an internet trading site. The owner says its a WW2 German helmet, M35 with EF54 stamp. Can anyone tell from the photo what it actually is? Is it W. German Border guard? What about the liner? Many thanks for your replies.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet ID please  
    Attached Images Attached Images Helmet ID please 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet ID please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Helmet ID please

It is an M35-38 Hungarian helmet. The chinstrap hardware is right, but I can't tell if the strap itself is original issue. The liner looks right. These helmets have a bracket welded to the exterior of the apron on the rear under the third rivet. Many were sold to the Finnish. Those typically were relined. The Finnish used a smaller head split pin for attaching the liners, and put washers between the heads of the split pins and the exterior of the shell, plus the shells were usually painted a lighter more matte green. This one does not look like a Finnish reissue. Jim G.

?

Many thanks JimG! I guess the seller was misinformed. He wanted $800 for it.

These helmets can be had for under $300. His price is a little steep. Jim G.

kc1
    ?

Has anyone got the inside of a Spanish issue helmet for comparision please.