Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet ID and Your Opinions PLEASE

Article about: Hi, Over the years I have acquired several German helmets, as you do. What I am hoping to do through this thread, is try to elicit from you, the people with the knowledge, what I actually ha

Default Helmet ID and Your Opinions PLEASE

Hi, Over the years I have acquired several German helmets, as you do. What I am hoping to do through this thread, is try to elicit from you, the people with the knowledge, what I actually have. That is, is the helmet in question pre or post 45, is the finish contemporary with its manufacture and use, has it been around the houses or countries for that matter, any other detail, age, year of production or manufacturer etc. and overal, what is your opinion? Each of these questions is suffixed by a PLEASE!! My honest knowledge of helmets is akin to my knowledge of Nuclear Fisiks. If you note the spelling, that should give an idea of my knowledge on both subjects. I have my own opinions on some of these helmets but I do not wish to either cloud the issue or show my ignorance.

Helmet 1. Manufactured in quite a heavy composite material with a black finish. No dates or serial numbers(that I can see) and in a black finish with no evidence of decals???????????????? Your opinions please!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet ID and Your Opinions PLEASE
    P
    Many

East-German Fireman's Helmet...
    cheers, Glenn

Helmet 2. Manufactured in lightweight metal material with a black paint finish and with no evidence of decals???????????????? Your opinions please!

Jan
    ?

Glenn did you have a look at my Luftwaffe helmet "OPINION ON LUFTWAFFE HELMET" on WRF?

Best, Jan

[QUOTE=Michael Ryan;1728915]Helmet 2. Manufactured in lightweight metal material with a black paint finish and with no evidence of decals???????????????? Your opinions please!
    [CENTER]

M34 Civic/Fireman's Helmet....The holes on top are for the optional Aluminum Comb...Wartime Example reused by Fire-departments Postwar...
    cheers, Glenn

Helmet 3. Manufactured in metal material with a black paint finish to the exterior and what I would call apple green interior and with no evidence of decals???????????????? Your opinions please!

I believe this may be either a Norwegian or a Finnish Reissued M35...judging by the interior paint and liner...The Black Paint is a Postwar Job...By the way, the Czechs used Black-Repainted Stahlhelms for their Postwar Fire-Services as well...
    cheers, Glenn

Helmet 4. Manufactured in metal material with a black paint finish to both the exterior and interior and with some evidence of decals???????????????? Your opinions please!

Another M34 Civic Helmet, wartime produced...Appears to have been worn postwar by Polish or Czech Fire Department -The Slavic Name in the Liner leads me to believe this...
    cheers, Glenn

Hi Glenn, Many thanks for your prompt response to my first few pots. My observations:

Helmet 1. East German had not entered my head!! I thought early Bundes. As our US friends say, it will now be bagged and tagged. Well tagged anyway!!

Helmet 2. With the DRP stamp, I considered the item to be straight TR Fire Service but with the angular cut side edges. Any idea of date other than pattern??? And Manufacturer?? Don't ask much do I????

Helmet 3. Basic military 1935 combat helmet probably handed over in Norway. Did I get that right?? Any Idea of manufacturer or date etc??

Helmet 4. Agreed or possibly a german wearer with a slavic name???????????

Thank you once again Glenn, it will be interesting to view any other opinions on these helmets.

I'll try another four later, don't want to kick the backside out of it!!

With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast