Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Helmet Identification

Article about: Hey German Helmet enthusiast, I am really interested in WW2 and I really want a German helmet as part of my collection. I already have full american WW2 gear and Korean war gear. I would rea

Default Re: Helmet Identification

Quote by geelong View Post
    germanhelmets.com has the online guide to german helmet too, that if you dont have a book and theres a free online book that can be downloaded but i cant remember how to get to it. it on my laptop at home. i would do a lot more reading about german helmets first then go for a bye. one thing i was told a few years ago when i surfed. i said to a guy im always thinking about sharks out here in the ocean he said to me dont worry about the ones in the ocean theres more here on land. some people will do or sell anything to make a buck so try to be one step ahead of them. and this forum will help you alot.
    germanhelmet.com is good for historic facts but completely outdated as a source for collectors and has unuseable pictures.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet Identification
    P
    Many

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    germanhelmet.com is good for historic facts but completely outdated as a source for collectors and has unuseable pictures.
    Also an absolute nightmare to navigate I think, unless I'm missing something.

ok but for me it help to find out about different shapes and decals that that where used in the the TR. but also go to scribd.com and download wehrmacht combat helmets 1933- 45 but the images on this are not very good.

Oh yeah I used it a lot when I started, it's pretty good for a foundation, ID shell types etc.

It's annoying though. Imagine a museum made up of hundreds of small rooms each with a couple of doors on each wall, and there is no way of telling what is in room 3 when you are in room 1, or room 68 when in room 66. That's the impression I get from the way it is put together with links etc. Unless you get directly linked to the info you want through google, it's tricky to know what they have on offer.

Hello! Get some photos, post them, and we will make a learning experience out of this thread for you.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Oh yeah I used it a lot when I started, it's pretty good for a foundation, ID shell types etc.

It's annoying though. Imagine a museum made up of hundreds of small rooms each with a couple of doors on each wall, and there is no way of telling what is in room 3 when you are in room 1, or room 68 when in room 66. That's the impression I get from the way it is put together with links etc. Unless you get directly linked to the info you want through google, it's tricky to know what they have on offer.
    yea its hard to get around thats good to here i thought it was just me. this site was one of the first sites i found on german helmets.

I would like to thank all of the forum members that helped me out here and I really appreciate the efforts of you all. I am sorry it took me long to reply I generally don't frequent this part of the forum but then I got notification with lots of reply's! But, unfortunately the helmet I was looking at was sold but I am hoping to come across another, because of where I live in Fredericksburg there is quite a lot of military and antique sellers and I have seen a few. With all the help I will post picture and use the websites shared with me to learn more about the helmets.

Thanks,
    Michael

You will find another, don't worry. If you cant find one in your town, the internet has some good international dealers who are happy to work with you.
    Morris

This looks like an old post, but i'd like to make a suggestion incase you're still looking for a German helmet. If you're on a budget like I was, go to IMA and get one of their Finnish/Hungarian German replicas, these helmets are originals from WWII but reproduced by the Finnish and Hungarians as the Germans gave them permission to make them. The helmets they have there are either NOS or in good condition, and are fairly cheap. Be warned though, as some liners can be dated to the 1970s due to them being used until 1955 and other uses in the '70s. For someone who isn't all that old, it certainly does the job. I'm 12 and have purchased many decent originals from IMA. It's a good site if you're like me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2