Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet identification

Article about: Hi I cam across this helmet online for sale, its been repainted and was wondering if anyone can identify the deal, (Is it post war?)

Default Helmet identification

Hi
    I came across this helmet online for sale, its been repainted and was wondering if anyone can identify the decal, (Is it post war modified?)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet identification   Helmet identification  

Helmet identification   Helmet identification  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet identification
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Junk. Walk on by....

Fake liner and chin strap. Shell might be real ( can't make out the maker marks on the rear inside skirt ) but the shape of the shell looks weird ....maybe the angle.

But even if the shell is real...it's been repainted....a number of times (and the painted on insignia is fantasy). As a beginner, an immediate red flag in this helmet is the painted interior.

Save your $
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I must agree with MAP the liner and chin strap are bad that alone would make me steer clear of it.

regards,
    Bodhi

As stated above - this one is bad to the bone. Unfortunately whatever collectibility and history that it had is now long gone.

Andy

Yeah fake liner and chin strap, the shell is a beat up M42 made by hkp. Has a big old dent in the back, too.
    Luis

?

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    Yeah fake liner and chin strap, the shell is a beat up M42 made by hkp. Has a big old dent in the back, too.
    Luis
    I agree about the maker of the Shell being - hkp / SE