MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet info wanted

Article about: Hi all,i have always had an interest in German arms and equipment and i finally got hold of a ground dug helmet. I would really like some info on it. There are no markings on it but there is

Default Helmet info wanted

Hi all,i have always had an interest in German arms and equipment and i finally got hold of a ground dug helmet. I would really like some info on it. There are no markings on it but there is evidence of some green paint on the inside,and some strange wire attachment where the strap should be.
    I would be really grateful if anyone could narrow down a date,and style for me,thanks in advance MP40.
    Ps tucked on inside was remains of a german printed news paper,cant read german but if anyone could translate for me that would be great
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet info wanted   Helmet info wanted  

Helmet info wanted   Helmet info wanted  

Helmet info wanted  
    Attached Images Attached Images Helmet info wanted  Helmet info wanted 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet info wanted
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Helmet info wanted

cant help with date but i can tell you its an M42 model as for the wire possible wire camo cover remains ????? sorry cant help with the news paper either

Its definitely in relic condition too.

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    Its definitely in relic condition too.
    Bit like its owner...
    Im off to your neck of the woods next week,my family live in Cowes and Chillerton.

Quote by Maschinenpistole 40 View Post
    Bit like its owner...
    Im off to your neck of the woods next week,my family live in Cowes and Chillerton.
    Hehe. Welcome to the forum. I lived in Cowes for years. Chillerton is nice and quiet too. Enjoy your visit. Nice lid by the way. Cant help with the newspaper though..

Nice RELIC CONDITION helmet.
    The types as been given by Nick.
    The first piece of paper you show seems to come from a book rather then a newspaper. It seems a part of a roman.
    The second one could come from a magazine or a paper and tells about the people that were on the picture just above thise mention .Thise could tell you more about the owner, maybe he was on that picture, or a relative or a friend....
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Nice RELIC CONDITION helmet.
    The types as been given by Nick.
    The first piece of paper you show seems to come from a book rather then a newspaper. It seems a part of a roman.
    The second one could come from a magazine or a paper and tells about the people that were on the picture just above thise mention .Thise could tell you more about the owner, maybe he was on that picture, or a relative or a friend....
    Thankyou Stuka f, the thing that made me think it was a newspaper is that its only one peice of paper,just have taken pics of both sides

Looks like a piece of page from a Signal magazine.
    Nice M42 relic!

Are you sure it was ground dug?if so how could the paper have survived let alone the leather liner?i have a few semi relics like it with the liner still there, and i would find it hard to believe they where underground,as per an article on relics it states they can be found in old building ,cellars sheds ect ect also as ground dug ,i would tend to think this one which i like by the way, was found in that type of enviroment.lovely it had the old newspaper,lv

Quote by LAS VEGAS View Post
    Are you sure it was ground dug?if so how could the paper have survived let alone the leather liner?i have a few semi relics like it with the liner still there, and i would find it hard to believe they where underground,as per an article on relics it states they can be found in old building ,cellars sheds ect ect also as ground dug ,i would tend to think this one which i like by the way, was found in that type of enviroment.lovely it had the old newspaper,lv
    That would definatlely make more sense,and this is why i love this forum to get information that i would not have even thought of,but im only going on what the guy said,glad ya like it....