Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Helmet named to a officer and field post

Article about: I was offered this helmet and I don't know if its worth the project of ripping the paint off to see if there is a decal, or just for a project, I don't know...Old ghetto biker helmet. Annoye

looks like someone had a Matchless 750cc CS.same colour scheme.good taste BUT not on a history item.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet named to a officer and field post
    P
    Many

?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    It's just crazy seeing what's been done to so many nice helmets over the years
    You have to remember these helmets were just junk for a couple of decades.
    When people started asking $10.00 for them in the mid 60s I thought they were out of their rabbit a$$ minds.

?

I hope you can get the paint off.
    Would be nice to see what's under all the crap.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    You have to remember these helmets were just junk for a couple of decades.
    When people started asking $10.00 for them in the mid 60s I thought they were out of their rabbit a$$ minds.
    Oh, sure... I wasn't around back then to experience that but I can only imagine --- my next door neighbour threw out a whole attic full of personal equipment the Germans had left behind when leaving his farm and ultimately the country, lots of helmets and everything, back in the late 60s... off to the garbage dump it all went. These kinds of things, like this helmet, are still shocking to look at from a collectors POV though... yes, hindsight and all of that

Would be nice to have a look what's underneath all that "artistry" though. This one's still got so much of it's original identity left, being nicely named with FPnr and all, so it would be worth trying to remove the exterior overpaint at least!

?

Tis what it tis, I think in the future original bikers helmets will be worth more than stripped back helmets since that too is a part of history and how many do you see?

Leave as is, it is already a part of history that might be more interesting than its original function when all these old farts are gone and no one really cares about M35, M40 or M42 etc?

If you are an old fart get your acetone on it while you can!

not a old fart im 33! God a whole attic full of german gear? now that's a shame!. Well this helmet is restorable for sure. I don't think there would be much paint left since it looks like a lot of rust under it

?

MrPotts,

You will be judged by your actions, a whole attic really or a load of bollocks, we will see but your stance is clear, money??? Good luck with that too. Is this attic being filled from Russia like your helmet and medal post? Please don't think we are all stupid as we will converge when we need to.

Quote by Dinger View Post
    MrPotts,

You will be judged by your actions, a whole attic really or a load of bollocks, we will see but your stance is clear, money??? Good luck with that too. Is this attic being filled from Russia like your helmet and medal post? Please don't think we are all stupid as we will converge when we need to.

??? what the???? Take your medication Dinger!! .... & be civil!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Dinger View Post
    MrPotts,

There are two different people involved in this discussion.
    The fellow you are calling out is Not the guy whose
    attic WAS full of items. Cool your jets, sir.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

well,

Now I am confused, do you all think this blokes attic is full of stuff or what?

I do like the bikers helmet and I would be disappointed if he stripped it back?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast