Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet net

Article about: I've had this net for 30 years or so. It was given to me by a vet in Calgary, Alberta who is sadly long gone now. He did say that it came off a german helmet that he brought home...I remembe

Default Helmet net

I've had this net for 30 years or so. It was given to me by a vet in Calgary, Alberta who is sadly long gone now. He did say that it came off a german helmet that he brought home...I remember that but I don't know why it was removed or what happened to the helmet. I was young and don't recall asking. He gave me the net to put on one of the first MkII helmets that I had. The net was way too small so the net sat in a box til I found it again a few years ago in one of my dads old storage sheds. Honestly, I thought it was lost to time so I was glad to see it along with some other early items from my collecting years.

It doesn't look like any "official" German nets that I can find online, probably a field made net. Surprisingly, it does still have the shape of a stahlhelm...probably a size 60 or 62 shell. The strips of web material have a single stitch holding them on the net. Really neat looking, but I don't know if it is original or not. I do remember seeing a similar one a few years back but didn't have this one in hand to compare.

These are the best pics I could take on my size 66 helmet...it is a bit too big for the net.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet net   Helmet net  

Helmet net   Helmet net  

Helmet net   Helmet net  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet net
    P
    Many

Default Re: Helmet net

The Net looks US or British to me and the Rubbon are US or British for sure for me.
    chris

Hi, looks like a faded version of the U.S. net i have on my M1, Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet net  

I have those nets on some of my M1's too...they are 2". This one is 1.5". Never seen US nets like this one. Doesn't fit on an M1 either.

Not German.
    Some were cut too small.I still thing US or British Item.
    chris