Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Helmet Pics!

Article about: G'day guys, Just received this shell in the mail this morning and thought I'd share a few pictures of it! Let me know what you think! All the best! Joshua

Default Re: Helmet Pics!

nice lid & I love the case that's a great idea
    regards Marty

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet Pics!
    P
    Many

Thanks Marty,

I appreciate the compliment!

Any thoughts on the textured finish on the helmet? It's proving to be very puzzling and any thoughts are appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Joshua

?

It looks pretty good to me, I love the textured finish on these helmets. My M35 and M 40 arent textured, my next helmet will be I hope!!!!

Hi qotd,

Looks like I live just down the road from you mate! The textured finishes are very nice! I also like the untextured ones, I have a relic M35 with some of the smooth paint left on it. Have you ever seen textured paint like mine? It looks different to a lot of textured helmets that I've seen. Perhaps field depot applied?

Cheers,

Joshua

?

Yeh I have actualy, you gotta remember that if this is field applied, which I think it is, they would have used whatever was to hand....look fair dinky to me.

Mate I am all the way down at Hastings, near HMAS Cerberus

Thanks for the info mate! Helps to put my mind at ease! Cheers!

And sorry about that mate, saw your location Melbourne, Australia! (I'm in Geelong)

-Joshua

?

Just a short ferry ride from portsea!!! Yeh I really like your M42.... Don't muck with it, leave her be!!! Good display case, very clever. I have sly my helmets on shelves in the garage

Get on down to Ikea and see if they stock these...IKEA | Dining storage | Display cabinets | DETOLF | Glass-door cabinet I'd love one for my lids but alas the closest Ikea is in Dubai and even if they stocked it, it weighs 40kg so i'd have to break it into 2 boxes and the baggage handlers would probably only smash it anyway...

Thanks mate,

I've seen your collection and hope to have that many lids someday!

I also really like some of the Australian stuff you've got aswell!

My Great Grandfather brought back a huge amount of medals from his tour in the first world war, German I.D discs and photos as well as medals from various countries such as France and England. Very interesting stuff!

Cheers!

Joshua

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Get on down to Ikea and see if they stock these...IKEA | Dining storage | Display cabinets | DETOLF | Glass-door cabinet I'd love one for my lids but alas the closest Ikea is in Dubai and even if they stocked it, it weighs 40kg so i'd have to break it into 2 boxes and the baggage handlers would probably only smash it anyway...
    Glenn my girlfriends parents have that exact display case! If that is the one with built in lights that is! I've always been a fan of it!

-Joshua

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast