Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet production numbers

Article about: Hi guys, Just wanted to know if there is anywhere I can find an estimate of the number of different model combat helmets produced at the individual factories between 1939 and 1945? eg total

Default Helmet production numbers

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if there is anywhere I can find an estimate of the number of different model combat helmets produced at the individual factories between 1939 and 1945?

eg
    total number of M40s produced by Q
    total number of M42s produced by ET

Thanks in advance

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet production numbers
    P
    Many

?

Quote by NineLives View Post
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if there is anywhere I can find an estimate of the number of different model combat helmets produced at the individual factories between 1939 and 1945?

eg
    total number of M40s produced by Q
    total number of M42s produced by ET

Thanks in advance

Mark
    Our esteemed member and helmet expert DougB is the man for this question. He is one of the top guys at the forum " German Helmet Walhalla " a great place to learn about German helmets. He is a good fella too if you will overlook the fact that he is a Canadian.
    Nothing wrong with that, they just talk funny.

?

Eh? ;-) I believe this information is published? SS Steel? The lot number book by Brian Ice might have it? Thanks for the kudos Steve but I honestly don't know the answer. Terry (M38) is probably the man with the answer here I think.
    And is THE top dawg.
    I'm on a plane right now, no access to reference books at the moment.

Cheers

As Steve says ,if anyone knows this one it is Doug, as for me I have absolutely no idea but it will be a hell of a lot! Leon.

Cheers guys! I'll keep up the search

M38
    ?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Eh? ;-) I believe this information is published? SS Steel? The lot number book by Brian Ice might have it? Thanks for the kudos Steve but I honestly don't know the answer. Terry (M38) is probably the man with the answer here I think.
    And is THE top dawg.
    I'm on a plane right now, no access to reference books at the moment.

Cheers
    Can't really be of much help here as these figures no longer exist, to my knowledge. Brian Ice has a lot of good information regarding lot numbers which give a clue but these factory records were destroyed apparently. We know only basic information, such as (estimated) 25 million helmets were produced between 1935-1945. The largest factory - and thus the most prolific producer - was ET/ckl. Next was SE, then Quist, then NS, then EF. It is thought by some that ET produced as many as 50% of the total production numbers and the other 4 shared the other 50%. But that is again just speculation. I have never seen a figure breaking down the percentages between M35-M40-M42 but would guess it is probably pretty evenly split at one third of the total 25M to each model.

Cheers,
    Terry

Thanks Terry, that's great information