Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet Question?

Article about: My Grandfather left me this helmet as a heirloom from when he went to WW ll. We was going to give me all of the info on it with it when he passed it down to me. But He passed away in an acci

jnussmeier
    ?

Default Helmet Question?

My Grandfather left me this helmet as a heirloom from when he went to WW ll. We was going to give me all of the info on it with it when he passed it down to me. But He passed away in an accident a few months back and there was no info on it. All I know is that he went in on the Normandy invasion. He Picked it up later as his group entered Germany. I am unsure as to what type it is and where it was made. In the brim around it are two stamps. The first by the left ear is stamped 062 no letters ( I am assuming this is a size stamp) the second is on the rear of the brim stamped 951. I am also assuming that this is a serial number or quantity number. On the right ear side is scratched with a name. (not my grandfathers ) only assuming it is the german owners. Also the Lip on the Helmet is rolled over. The decal is of the German eagle. that is as much as I know any other information would be awesome!! thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Question?   Helmet Question?  

Helmet Question?   Helmet Question?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Helmet Question?

Mate,

It may be Q62, which is the maker mark at the side?

Jock

wolfedawg
    ?

Nice helmet! It's an Army (heer) M-35 (early helmet) with Normandy pattern camo (brown's greens and tans) I'm not sure if the decal was dug out or if it was painted around, hard to tell from pics but looks to be dug.

jnussmeier
    ?

thanks guys the make is Q62 A little thumb wiping removed enough grit from the stamp to reveal the Q. By chance does anyone have a rough value on the helmet. also I am not sure what you mean by dug out but what I think was that there was a painted emblem on underneath and then a decal might have been put on at the camo painting time.. not sure but it does appear to have one underneath it.