Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this helmet real?

Article about: The clear pictures of the first helmet is needed ( close ups) The second is definately is a good bunker found piece.

Default Is this helmet real?

I am reposting this helmet with more pictures and would like to know if it's real, thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this helmet real?   Is this helmet real?  

Is this helmet real?   Is this helmet real?  

Is this helmet real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this helmet real?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this helmet real?

Are you wondering about the camo paint being real? You will have to get a nice clear close up of the paint in some different areas for anyone to be able to tell. Are you able to read the makers marking's on the inside?

Well this is a different helmet but I was wondering the same thing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this helmet real?   Is this helmet real?  

Sorry, that i keep bugging about these but, i would like to know what you guys opinions of these helmets are the top one is a 64. and the bottom one claims to be a relic dug up in russia.
    Thanks,
    Peter V.

I dont like the first one , the second one is definitely ground dug , i give it a chance but would need very good clear pics if it were me and a name of the seller , cheers Raymond

By clear u mean or the paint? And the second one was dug by Eugene asafov recoverd in Russia in a bunker how much do I think it's worth? And also what do u see wrong with the 1st one

If you look at the second one you will see bumps in the paint which is most likely rust under it. Not saying that this could not be original the helmet did come out of the ground but in my mind it just makes me think twice about it. someone could have painted over some minor rust that after a year or a few months turned into a lot of rust.

I recognize this lid from being listed on ebay. If you are looking to get something that is without a doubt original sway away from buying from ebay and go find a trusted website. You could show a boat load of pics on here for the experts to look at and they still might not be able to give you a straight forward answer, buying from a trusted dealer means he has the lid in his hands and can inspect it better.

I'm sorry I cant give you a straight forward answer on the paint. I do not want to the be the reason why you buy or don't buy it but the fact that its being sold on ebay should make you really think twice.

If the second one was dugg or being sold by Eugene then its a good one , i would buy it if i was after one .As to price its worth what you want to pay for it , i have found Eugene is quite good with his prices .
    The first helmet i find a few things that dont sit to well with me , but rember the photos a very poor , Firstly the liner pins , no paint of the same colour as the rest of the helmet, this could be that it has just worn off , but a point to consider, secondly the wear around the rim buggs me and the overall outside appearence just dosent look good to me , but as i said the photos are very poor , very good photos are need foor that one , cheers Raymond

TigerTank1958
    ?

Hi, they both could be real. They don't look to be Spanish hemets. If they're real they are both of the early pre-1942 desighn. Starting in 1942 the rolled edge was eliminated, giving the helmets a rough edge. The first looks to be real to me but, it could be a detailed copy. I have both originals and copies, and as I said the first one looks real to me. Thanks, have a good x-mas.

Yes I see that There are many opinions abou this. But, then agian the 1st helmet offers "lifetime" garentee. And the second one seems to be more agreeed on as real. But, I did some book work and I belive the 1st helmet to be early afrika korps? At least I see some of the similar camo in common.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast