Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?

Article about: Hello, I recently picked up this helmet, and now I am wondering if the camo paint scheme on it authentic right down to the logo. The liner does not appear to be original to me at all, but pe

Quote by DougB View Post
    I'd sell them for shell value to recoup what you can as neither has any collector value.

Doug
    Yeah, at this point I am. I won't be able to recover all of my money, but something is better nothing I guess. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?
    P
    Many

You could also try to restore them to be shelf fillers or trade them for other militaria.

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    You could also try to restore them to be shelf fillers or trade them for other militaria.
    Thanks, I'm still looking to see what I end up doing with them. I have a question, what does the term 'reissue factory paint' mean on a german helmet. Does it mean the helmet's been modernly restored? I saw this helmet for sale online with, "This Heer German helmet retains right at 65% of the original factory "reissue" paint", on it's description.

Thanks again, guys.

?

"Factory reissue" means the helmet was refurbished and repainted at a factory. At what factory is anyones guess, nobody has documentation showing the helmet manufacturers remanufactured the helmets. Best to post pics in a new thread if you want advice on a different helmet.

Regarding "restoring" them, that is a hazy line between faking something or cleaning it up. "Restoring" is a moving target with many collectors.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3