Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?

Article about: Hello, I recently picked up this helmet, and now I am wondering if the camo paint scheme on it authentic right down to the logo. The liner does not appear to be original to me at all, but pe

Default Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?

Hello,

I recently picked up this helmet, and now I am wondering if the camo paint scheme on it authentic right down to the logo. The liner does not appear to be original to me at all, but perhaps the rest could be. I'd appreciate anyone's expertise input on it. Much appreciated. Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?   Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?  

Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?   Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?  

Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?   Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?  

Attached Images Attached Images Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?  Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am afraid that the "cammo" is not original WW2 period paintwork. The whole helmet has been stripped and repainted, the colours are not even the same as those used by the Wehrmacht. Also the decal is a fake and as you quite rightly noticed, the liner is a fake, sorry , I hope you did not pay to much for this M42, Leon.

Bad!...

As Leon has put a fake , i am not even sure the shell is right the stamps look odd ,they look double stamped from the photos you have posted

Hello,

Fortunately, I found this at a garage sale and only payed $150 for it. I'm no expert, but a lot of things did seen really off about the helmet. Well, all in all, still a nice m42 shell I guess. Thanks again for your input, Leon, and thank you for the welcome.

Cheers,

Quote by kradman View Post
    As Leon has put a fake , i am not even sure the shell is right the stamps look odd ,they look double stamped from the photos you have posted
    Well spotted, they do look very "fat" compared to original ET stampings, also the steel does appear to look very thin in places, it could well be a Chinese fake lump of steel as well. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Well spotted, they do look very "fat" compared to original ET stampings, also the steel does appear to look very thin in places, it could well be a Chinese fake lump of steel as well. Leon.
    Sorry, for the bad pictures. After taking another close look at it, the stamping does appear to be really bold, it's not double stamped just bold. A lesson learned on my part.

$150? Eeek! The paint is even painted over rust pits...Definitely, you've been robbed!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Hate to see people get burned, but as you say, it's a lesson well learned.
    It has happened to almost all of us at one time or another.

Brad.

+1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast