Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet SE 64 Sachsische Emaillerwerk, Lauter factory ?

Article about: Hi Forum I have just got this helmet, It is in great condition, but I am unsure about some of the stamps, all info is welcome 58 is the size Is SE64 manufactorer Sachsische Emaillerwerk, Lau

Default Helmet SE 64 Sachsische Emaillerwerk, Lauter factory ?

Hi Forum

I have just got this helmet, It is in great condition, but I am unsure about some of the stamps, all info is welcome

58 is the size

Is SE64 manufactorer Sachsische Emaillerwerk, Lauter factory ?

Is it a Heer M1942 Helmet ?

What does the letters F.V-G.K stands for ?

Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet SE 64 Sachsische Emaillerwerk, Lauter factory ?   Helmet SE 64 Sachsische Emaillerwerk, Lauter factory ?  

Helmet SE 64 Sachsische Emaillerwerk, Lauter factory ?   Helmet SE 64 Sachsische Emaillerwerk, Lauter factory ?  

Helmet SE 64 Sachsische Emaillerwerk, Lauter factory ?   Helmet SE 64 Sachsische Emaillerwerk, Lauter factory ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet SE 64 Sachsische Emaillerwerk, Lauter factory ?
    P
    Many

Hi John
    The liner is either post war or a repro or from a civic helmet. But does not belong in this helmet. The helmet is an M35 that has been most likely post war repainted. Looks like the split pin rivets are not correct for WW2.

Maybe a post war "Fire helmet" ?
    David

Hi David
    Thank you for your id, I dont think it is a repro, and it has not been painted, a lot of helmets were used in Denmark after war by the Fire department, and they still have the same shape. How about the stamps in the helmet ? all together I do not think it is copy, perhaps there are other ideas about this helmet.
    Using this link, I think my helmet looks allright ?

The Online Guide to World War II German Helmets

German-Helmets.com

Regards
    John

I only referred to the liner being incorrect. The shell is an original M35 SE.

Quote by johnschou View Post
    Hi David
    Thank you for your id, I dont think it is a repro, and it has not been painted, a lot of helmets were used in Denmark after war by the Fire department, and they still have the same shape. How about the stamps in the helmet ? all together I do not think it is copy, perhaps there are other ideas about this helmet.
    Using this link, I think my helmet looks allright ?

The Online Guide to World War II German Helmets

German-Helmets.com

Regards
    John
    Hello John , depends on what you mean with alright.
    For sure the helmet has been used post war , the shell is a WW2 produced but does not have the original WW2 color.
    The leather stamps are not German wartime stamps.

If you want to see WW2 firefighter and other civil helmets check my site:
    About Civic helmets – German Helmet Vault

Yes, I know the civic helmets, I have some "gladiator" helmets, both one piece and two pieces. Yes perhaps my helmet has been painted again, but it doesn´t seem so when I have it in my hands, it has the same color inside as outside, so if it has been painted the leather inside must have been removed and replaced again. About the strap it seems "new"

Regards
    John

Quote by johnschou View Post
    Yes, I know the civic helmets, I have some "gladiator" helmets, both one piece and two pieces. Yes perhaps my helmet has been painted again, but it doesn´t seem so when I have it in my hands, it has the same color inside as outside, so if it has been painted the leather inside must have been removed and replaced again. About the strap it seems "new"

Regards
    John
    Yes the leather would have been put in after the repaint , together with the post war split pins. Only a wartime beaded shell would have a civic liner and with different size stamp (and paint color).

Hi, as the gents have stated, that is a post war re-furbished shell. A new liner and coat of paint applied by whichever authority used the helmet, slightly more unusual than the Norwegian re-issues that are more commonly seen. Leon.